Search

First Class Reward Availability

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue
First Class Reward Availability

Hi All,

I currently have a booking for a business class return to Mumbai for late next year. I've been watching to see if first class availablity is released at any stage and have obviously been using rewardflightfinder.

I seen last week their website banner stating the BA data source is showing incorrect first class availablity so have ignored it since then.

Today I have been using the BA app and seen that it's showing first class availablity for the outbound from Heathrow. Unfortunately, when going through the process it comes up stating no first class and business only.

Is this a case of the same data source for rewardflightsaver also being used to run the website and app, until the stage of actually booking? Or is it a case of calling BA and they might be able to book.

Obviously I'm on the side of if it looks too good to be true it obviously is, and therefore BA app and website are incorrect and there is no first class availablity.

The only other thing confusing me and I'm sure you can answer this. Is when on the reward booking it only shows the classes (Econ - Bus) but when booking cash it shows all 4 (Econ - First). Is this normal or should it not be showing a greyed out first much like prem Econ?

Last edited by LonBom; Dec 23, 2019 at 6:49 am Reason: Typo
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The BA site is the authoritative source for you for BA reward availability. If it shows on ba.com it should be bookable.
AJA_ and corporate-wage-slave like this.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:54 am

If there appears to be availability, and you cannot book online, then call to find out for sure. Alternatively a dummy Avios booking attempt is usually a pretty good way to verify if there is availability in a particular cabin.

(I believe that some views of availability may only be updated every 24 hours, so could be out of date.)

rb211.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by RB211
If there appears to be availability, and you cannot book online, then call to find out for sure. Alternatively a dummy Avios booking attempt is usually a pretty good way to verify if there is availability in a particular cabin.

(I believe that some views of availability may only be updated every 24 hours, so could be out of date.)

rb211.
+1 on calling. It does happen for the website to show incorrect availability with the booking proving impossible at the next stage, just like it happens to have booking errors on the website which the call centre people manage to resolve, but the call centre will confirm either way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.