Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Fever Tree!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by elwe
Can I have nice tonic water and no WiFi? That would be win-win...
+1
Dambus likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by aks120
BA change tonic mixer to save money and we all drink more champagne instead - thereby costing BA more money

I don’t think they think these things through!

aks120

So sorry, but to my taste, gin and champagne is no attractive mix
Old Dec 27, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by onobond
So sorry, but to my taste, gin and champagne is no attractive mix
Never had a French 75 then!
aristoph and Bellerina like this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
Assuming BA read these threads - may I suggest a compromise??

Namely, they stock BOTH Fever Tree and Schweppes and let picky pax in club and first have a choice. (danger comes when one runs out!!)

OR, serve the back of the aircraft with the cheapo cheapo tonic and keep the good stuff for the front? (and differentiate even more the difference in class)

I also assume that this great deal means that BOB prices go down on SH flights for a G&T as BA surely would pass on savings as they have(n't) before. I don't recall, the muffin or nuffin', the 2nd meal being cut, or no pretzels down the back being passed on through cheaper fares!!

If folk are serious about making a protest, vote with your feet (or lips in this case) and :

1. Ask for a Gin and Fever Tree. When they tell you it's Schweppes, then order champagne instead
2. Ask the Cabin Manager for a complaint form or ask her / him to record your dissatisfaction on the change of mixer!

Any SENSIBLE company with half a mind on the consumer may think about researching the impact, or considering the customer before enhancing the offering.

PS - Mr Mikey Mike Mike has a slightly different drink in that he asks for a Tonic with Gin. (such are the ratios)
Old Dec 27, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
Years ago a well known member at one of my golf clubs started drinking gin and water, when questioned he said it would save him £3k a year in tonic!
TTmex likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Swampz64
Years ago a well known member at one of my golf clubs started drinking gin and water, when questioned he said it would save him £3k a year in tonic!
An average of 2-3 G&Ts every day for a year?! Hic.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
Assuming BA read these threads - may I suggest a compromise??

Namely, they stock BOTH Fever Tree and Schweppes and let picky pax in club and first have a choice. (danger comes when one runs out!!)

OR, serve the back of the aircraft with the cheapo cheapo tonic and keep the good stuff for the front? (and differentiate even more the difference in class)

I also assume that this great deal means that BOB prices go down on SH flights for a G&T as BA surely would pass on savings as they have(n't) before. I don't recall, the muffin or nuffin', the 2nd meal being cut, or no pretzels down the back being passed on through cheaper fares!!

If folk are serious about making a protest, vote with your feet (or lips in this case) and :

1. Ask for a Gin and Fever Tree. When they tell you it's Schweppes, then order champagne instead
2. Ask the Cabin Manager for a complaint form or ask her / him to record your dissatisfaction on the change of mixer!

Any SENSIBLE company with half a mind on the consumer may think about researching the impact, or considering the customer before enhancing the offering.

PS - Mr Mikey Mike Mike has a slightly different drink in that he asks for a Tonic with Gin. (such are the ratios)
Schweppes has been used in WT, WTP and the lounges for the last year or so. Fever-Tree kept up the front for the premium cabins and so there were both brands onboard. It was this ‘initiative’ that meant they offered WiFi for free. There seems to be no explanation as to this latest change of making ALL cabins Schweppes.

Schweppes has been on the BOB menu for a while now but prices have increased.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
Originally Posted by Dambus
An average of 2-3 G&Ts every day for a year?! Hic.
He used a pint glass at the club and added a slice of lemon to his G&T, he kept the glass and added lemon each round. High double figures of lemon slices was his record for a day.

He once purchased the entire drinks trolley for himself and a companion on a London to Deal train. When the trolley was collected at Dover it was dry but the food hadn’t been touched!

Needless to say he didn’t die an old man!
Dambus and Booboo159 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:02 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I'm just gonna put this here for no particular reason: Lufthansa provides Fever Tree Tonic in their Senator and Business Lounges
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Still serving Fever Tree on LHR-DUB earlier today (Jan 2). Wonder how long it will last...
Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Just to bump this:

But just noticed that the Schweppes has 7gr of sugar in there light tonic where as Fevertree has 0gr of sugar.

My trainer is going to be angry so moved onto the Jonny walker.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Can't be right its light not sugar free - looking online it's 2.9g of Sugar per 100ml light Fevertree indian tonic 6.9g for 150ml of Schweppes 1793

JW blue?

Last edited by TGLoyalty; Feb 4, 2020 at 12:11 pm
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pacenotes
Just to bump this:

But just noticed that the Schweppes has 7gr of sugar in there light tonic where as Fevertree has 0gr of sugar.

My trainer is going to be angry so moved onto the Jonny walker.

Certainly a good choice. Johnny Walker also has 0 sugar content.

But, are you taking precautions about your malaria prophylaxis in any other way, then?
alex67500 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by onobond
Certainly a good choice. Johnny Walker also has 0 sugar content.
And what about Johnnie Walker?
alex67500 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
And what about Johnnie Walker?
One would certainly expect a much higher sugar content there. He actually had to retire from the legacy he inherited from his father, due to a severe diabetes, and now lives a sedentary life in a nursing home in Morristown, Bengali.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.