The Club lounge DFW- worth visiting?

Old Dec 12, 2019, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
The Club lounge DFW- worth visiting?

Flying BA192 (DFW-LHR) tonight and just wondered if The Club lounge is worth visiting over the AA Flagship lounge?
I have used AA Flagship lounges in JFK, ORD & MIA and really like them.My only experience of a Club lounge was in ATL and I thought it was rubbish.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, then a handful of points on everything else.
I'll be on the same flight tonight (assuming the connection from MSY works out). Reading between the lines of the lounge guide, I'd expect Flagship Lounge > The Club > Admirals Club, but opinions from those that know the lounges better is welcome!
Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by internetplumber
I'll be on the same flight tonight (assuming the connection from MSY works out). Reading between the lines of the lounge guide, I'd expect Flagship Lounge > The Club > Admirals Club, but opinions from those that know the lounges better is welcome!
I think your ranking is correct. From reviews of the The Club, I could find, it does not appear to have anything worth choosing over the Flagship lounge.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
how does the Amex centurion lounge compare... anyone know?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by IntVic
Flying BA192 (DFW-LHR) tonight and just wondered if The Club lounge is worth visiting over the AA Flagship lounge?
I have used AA Flagship lounges in JFK, ORD & MIA and really like them.My only experience of a Club lounge was in ATL and I thought it was rubbish.
Well since the ATL club is my home airport club... I would agree that the in general all the AA clubs need to be updated.
however, would not call the ATL club rubbish... The staff there is beyond great , and the bar staff the same.

What were you expecting it do be...?

But to your question.. use the Flagship lounge at DFW...
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: VS Gold and a few more.....
AA Flagship at DFW is my choice - I wouldn’t bother with the rest.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO; DL GLD
Originally Posted by Magic01273
how does the Amex centurion lounge compare... anyone know?
Much better than it used to be as the newer space is larger, but still very crowded. I'd say Flagship Lounge, then Amex, then Admirals Club, then Club Lounge as my ranking. Club Lounge is dire.
internetplumber likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
the amex lounge is great--better food and wine than flagship HOWEVER, flagship wins for me just because the AMEX lounge can get so incredibly busy and loud. not relaxing.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
The BA lounge at DFW is extremely ordinary at best. The Flagship lounge is far superior.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
The Flagship Lounge is good - but for anyone eligible to get into the Flagship First Dining Room, the food is mediocre at best (and you'd do well to avoid the burger!).
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fotographer

Thanks, for the responses- the Flagship lounge it is.
As for the ATL Club, my dislike to it was because (1) that the cordoned off section for BA passengers was very small and was quickly crowded (2) the soft drink cordials tasted so bad that they near turned me (a teetotaller) to booze (3) there was no food offering of either substance or quality.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by IntVic
Thanks, for the responses- the Flagship lounge it is.
As for the ATL Club, my dislike to it was because (1) that the cordoned off section for BA passengers was very small and was quickly crowded (2) the soft drink cordials tasted so bad that they near turned me (a teetotaller) to booze (3) there was no food offering of either substance or quality.
Just wondering... where you in the T terminal or the International terminal?
The few times when I fly out of the international terminal... its because I am a Qatar flight.. usually all my flights are on AA.. out of T or D.

So, if you are not in the T terminal.. I can completely understand
Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:26 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Flagship Lounge, just for the gobstopper-sized Maltesers they have alongside the peanuts on the snack counter.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by fotographer
Well since the ATL club is my home airport club... I would agree that the in general all the AA clubs need to be updated.
however, would not call the ATL club rubbish... The staff there is beyond great , and the bar staff the same.

Sorry to be the contrarian here but as my home airport too, I agree with IntVic that it's rubbish. The main problem is that it's just far too small for its purpose. It's far from a relaxing environment, but I do agree that the staff are great. I hope at some point they have a chance to expand it somehow because it's an absolute zoo in the evenings when there's a lot of red eyes leaving at a similar time.

PS My office is in Sandy Springs, so hello from just down the road!
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Cradders
Sorry to be the contrarian here but as my home airport too, I agree with IntVic that it's rubbish. The main problem is that it's just far too small for its purpose. It's far from a relaxing environment, but I do agree that the staff are great. I hope at some point they have a chance to expand it somehow because it's an absolute zoo in the evenings when there's a lot of red eyes leaving at a similar time.

PS My office is in Sandy Springs, so hello from just down the road!
So nice to hear from a fellow FT local... and yes on any given morning.. that could be an hour drive...
Ps. my wife also works in Sandy Springs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.