Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Some thoroughly unoriginal observations from my visit to T5 today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some thoroughly unoriginal observations from my visit to T5 today

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2019, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I agree with your points but consider, you could have had someone fascinating sitting opposite. Not everyone is an anti-social, gas emiting, bubblegum-chewing bore.
Oh agreed; sadly I type this as I stare through the frosted plastic into a dour, charmless face of misery.*
My winning smile and demure ‘good afternoon’ was thoroughly ignored and I promptly put up the shutters. I do not require chat but I demand acknowledgement. Goodbye 61J.

*sure it’s not you dear?
PUCCI GALORE and adrianlondon like this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by T8191
For those who don’t fly down the back, it’s obviously irrelevant. No wonder you were confused. Mwah!
Oh the shade T8191! I am in club and despite what the deadheading Welsh mixed fleet cabin crew from downstairs asked me by the club kitchen not 5 minutes ago, have no intentions of heading down the back!
Old Dec 11, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
I always think it’s a bit like being at a bar. If the people either side of you have been waiting longer, you let them put their tray in, but if they’re not ready, it’s fair game to jump in. Walking straight in and shoving your tray in to the first space that comes along when it’s obvious that others are waiting is akin to deliberately getting served out of turn at a bar - almost a hanging offence.
Agree, and it helps if the security officer pro-actively polices this, which they usually do at LHR. The other day at Schiphol I had various people push their trays in front, whilst I was at station 1 with no room to extend my tray onto the conveyer. All the while the security officer was having an argument with a passenger about the new screening process (you leave all your liquids in your bag)- very frustrating
Old Dec 11, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by bafan
A facial ? From a male masseur...?

*Giggle*

(Forgive the juvenile sense of humour)
I normally embrace less than mature senses of humour, but jokes about male massage/beauty therapists and facials are far too 1970s Benny Hill and ‘oooh a male nurse!’ for me. I also think there’s a risk of unintended homophobic sentiment.

I think we’re better than this. (Subscription not in danger).
Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Would that be a masseur, then?
Sacré bleu! C'est Monsieur Masseur!
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:00 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by noFODplease
Oh agreed; sadly I type this as I stare through the frosted plastic into a dour, charmless face of misery.*
My winning smile and demure ‘good afternoon’ was thoroughly ignored and I promptly put up the shutters. I do not require chat but I demand acknowledgement. Goodbye 61J.

*sure it’s not you dear?
Good manners never goes awry, although clearly you were casting pearls before the proverbial. We’re you travelling to or fro the USA? Was the Charm School Alumni elderly or recently graduated to solid food? I adore chatting as youmlearn such a lot, but never impose on others. I am currently sitting in the FLounge and it would appear that there has been a slob’s convention I think that my husband is the only one in trousers without ties or elasticated ankle grips. This the age in which we live and we have to get on with it.
T8191 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:17 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by krispy84
I normally embrace less than mature senses of humour, but jokes about male massage/beauty therapists and facials are far too 1970s Benny Hill and ‘oooh a male nurse!’ for me. I also think there’s a risk of unintended homophobic sentiment.

I think we’re better than this. (Subscription not in danger).
Honey, I sincerely do not think he meant any harm. I have a new role in life as a full-time f**-hag and no detrimental comment about some of my dearest friends would get past me.
Joeykins and bafan like this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
Agree, and it helps if the security officer pro-actively polices this, which they usually do at LHR. The other day at Schiphol I had various people push their trays in front, whilst I was at station 1 with no room to extend my tray onto the conveyer. All the while the security officer was having an argument with a passenger about the new screening process (you leave all your liquids in your bag)- very frustrating
And that is the point where I lean forward, stop the trays moving, and make a gap for my tray....
T8191 and EJetter like this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 8:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The trick to it is to nudge the top left corner of your tray into the gap between two trays, then as the front tray glides forward swing the rest of the tray onto the main belt.
EJetter likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The trick to it is to nudge the top left corner of your tray into the gap between two trays, then as the front tray glides forward swing the rest of the tray onto the main belt.
Almost exactly my technique, albeit that I use the top right corner to force a gap.

T8191, proud to follow in the footsteps of The Master.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.