Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappointing Cityflyer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
I had a case years ago on BMI (rip) where we were on one of the middle of the day shuttles between AMS and LHR when they decided to cancel ours and put us on the next flight an hour or so later. We were told that there may be no food for us (we were the only two flying business) as only 2 were already flying in business on the scheduled flight and there were only 2 meals!!

On board the crew asked the original 2 that were flying and they declined so we were offered the meals then. We were flying on an upgrade voucher so I wonder if that influenced their decision not to be proactive about ensuring enough meals were on board, I'm sure it was one of the many factors that led to it decline...

I'm sure in Bahrain Boy's case, they could have asked those that had bought tickets in CE their preferences first as some may not have dined. I would not have expected those upgraded to feel particularly upset on missing out, especially if they got free drinks as part of being in CE - what other benefit if of being in Business is there apart from being up front and with maybe a spare seat next to them.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

There may have been a trim issue too, but by putting people in CE then they do have access to better drinks arrangement. On a short flight the SCCM member would have had that to contend with, along with the food issue and therefore threw in the towel.
Always assuming of course that they had remembered to load towels ......
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by subject2load
Always assuming of course that they had remembered to load towels ......
Towels!? Oh, how we laugh.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:30 am
Suspended

At least you didn’t get a diversion to Southend and no luxury coach transfer to LCY.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Yes, that's right, though if necessary the flight crew can change the location, that's by exception only and on a swift turnaround the usual protocol is to upgrade to fill up seats, rather than move curtains around. Those upgraded at the desk or who refreshed their app at the right time may have got lounge access (but I bet not many found out in time).

There may have been a trim issue too, but by putting people in CE then they do have access to better drinks arrangement. On a short flight the SCCM member would have had that to contend with, along with the food issue and therefore threw in the towel.
On CityFlyer the curtain is always moved by cabin crew, and can be moved on the turnaround at any station. The divider is held in place by three latches and slides along a pair of rails on the ceiling, and takes a matter of seconds to reposition.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by zappomatic
On CityFlyer the curtain is always moved by cabin crew, and can be moved on the turnaround at any station. The divider is held in place by three latches and slides along a pair of rails on the ceiling, and takes a matter of seconds to reposition.
OK, thanks for that, I've seen cabin crew do it when the curtain was in the wrong place in terms of seating, in other words when the SCCM tried to reconcile passengers before departure. Do you have any insight as to why this wasn't done in this case?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
OK, thanks for that, I've seen cabin crew do it when the curtain was in the wrong place in terms of seating, in other words when the SCCM tried to reconcile passengers before departure. Do you have any insight as to why this wasn't done in this case?
Absolutely no idea!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.