Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA GGL/CCR, access to AA Flagship First Dining

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL

I'm BA GGL+CCR, in this instance travelling in J from MIA to UVF. I get access to the AA Flagship Lounge at MIA, but it seems I don't get access to Flagship First Dining. Is that correct (I fully expect so)? Or is (effectively) BA CCR access meant to reciprocate? If not, are there any circumstances where someone not travelling in "true" F (i.e. F in a 3 cabin service) can access AA Flagship First Dining? F on BA metal with an AA ticket? Can (e.g.) CK members access?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Access to FFD is for those travelling on long haul F with AA. However there are some exceptions, eg if on a transcon in F. Also at MIA if on BA F.

As a GGL/CCR you have no access. But may get lucky.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
There’s a long thread on the AA forum about FFD access.

None for you unless you arrived in AA F from LHR and are connecting. Although BA F qualifies for it on departure (that’s a local arrangement that just happens to also be in place at DFW) I don’t think it counts for connection purposes.
Markie likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Fraser
There’s a long thread on the AA forum about FFD access.

None for you unless you arrived in AA F from LHR and are connecting. Although BA F qualifies for it on departure (that’s a local arrangement that just happens to also be in place at DFW) I don’t think it counts for connection purposes.
Ha. I didn't think to argue I'd "arrived with BA in F". Mostly because while technically true, I've been off to BOG and back in the meantime :-)

Thanks anyway.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by madfish
Access to FFD is for those travelling on long haul F with AA. However there are some exceptions, eg if on a transcon in F. Also at MIA if on BA F.

As a GGL/CCR you have no access. But may get lucky.
CX F ex-JFK also gets it (and I assume ex-LAX)
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Been discussed at length in this recent thread. Primarily LAX, but MIA as well.

Flying FIRST from LAX
Old Dec 1, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
(and I assume ex-LAX)
Incorrect.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...lications.html
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ss-lounge.html
Old Dec 1, 2019, 12:29 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Thanks. So that does clarify a point which was discussed in the linked thread, it’s only at JFK where CX F gets access to FFD.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by KARFA
Thanks. So that does clarify a point which was discussed in the linked thread, it’s only at JFK where CX F gets access to FFD.
Correct, and BA have access at DFW and MIA only.
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
What I don't quite understand is that at ORD BA Gold (let alone GGL) get into the Flagship Lounge in Terminal 3, which I think is very good. The food is buffet food, but I am always impressed with the variety and the quality. I have no idea - given the restrictions on Flagship dining elsewhere in the AA world - why ORD is an exception, but I'm very pleased about it!
Often1 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by DominicB
What I don't quite understand is that at ORD BA Gold (let alone GGL) get into the Flagship Lounge in Terminal 3, which I think is very good. The food is buffet food, but I am always impressed with the variety and the quality. I have no idea - given the restrictions on Flagship dining elsewhere in the AA world - why ORD is an exception, but I'm very pleased about it!
Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining are not the same thing. All OWEs (with the exception of AA's own OWEs) can get access to the various FLs. It's FFD which are far more restricted. I would have expected you to get access to the FL at ORD as a BA OWE, it isn't really an exception.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by DominicB
If it's the buffet, you are not in the Flagship Dining section and at ORD it would be unlikely for you to get access to the latter.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
If it's the buffet, you are not in the Flagship Dining section and at ORD it would be unlikely for you to get access to the latter.
Definitely unlikely to get access to FFD at ORD

FFD is only at LAX, MIA, DFW, and JFK
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Often1
It is 100% impossible not just unlikely for the OP to get acess to flagship dining at ORD.

For the simple reason ORD does not have it.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by Fraser
Although BA F qualifies for it on departure (that’s a local arrangement that just happens to also be in place at DFW) I don’t think it counts for connection purposes.
I can't speak authoritatively what the "official" policy is, but I (and many others) have been granted access after an inbound BA F flight. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.