Wiki Posts
Search

BA First LHR Terminal 5 to 3

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:41 am
Original Poster

BA First LHR Terminal 5 to 3

Hello,
We will fly to Nairobi and i realised we will take off from terminal 3.
However i really prefer the first wing at T5 as well as the lounge at T5, i'm wondering if it's possible to spend our pre departure in T5 and then go to T3 and do you think it worth it ?
Thanks
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
I fear you will find you cannot enter T5 airside with a T3 boarding pass.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
No it is not possible.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Besides from the First Wing, chances are good you'll find the lounge offerings in T3 more diversified, and as per many posters here, in many aspects better than what's available at T5.

A dedicated thread for the many OW T3 lounges is found here

It seems CX and QF gets good ratings, but given you have enough time, have a try with BA and AA too
Fly_IAD likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Gold
Would agree, T3 lounges are way better than what is on offer in T5. There is no first wing but I don’t think that’s a big loss. I personally recommend the Cathay pacific lounge. It has a dedicated first class section, along with an a la carte dining room with a very decent menu the few times I’ve been there. Would choose T3 over T5 every time

Also don’t go to the AA lounge until it gets refurbished ( no date yet afaik ). Qantas is also nice, BA is pretty much the same as T5 in terms of offerings.
george77300 and redpalmetto like this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
“T3, the place to be” ^

Almost always a better experience than T5.
Fly_IAD, aristoph and thomas164 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 6:14 pm
Suspended

Your itinerary is a BLESSING!!! T3 at LHR is one of the best lounge experiences out there for Oneworld Emeralds or those with FC access based on ticket. Frankly really great for Sapphire and business class as well.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
I'd rather fly from T3 as well. Skip the BA lounges and use QX or QF lounge.
redpalmetto and aristoph like this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load
“T3, the place to be” ^

Almost always a better experience than T5.
T5, the place is a dive???

rb211.
ajeleonard likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:39 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Did not want to start a new thread and I could not find anywhere discussed, but will it be possible for me to visit the lounges at T4 (flight will depart from T3) and later take the flight connection bus back to T3? I have about 7-8 hours stop in LHR. Will be in First with CX.
I was thinking of visiting the QR and MH lounge before going back later to the CX lounge.

Cheers!
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes this can be done along the lines suggested, following the signs for Flight Connections. Can't quite see the point (and note the opening hours of the lounges concerned) but yes it's possible to do this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I would agree - although I recognise I may be quite lazy!

With the options in T3 I would rather stay there than suffer 2 unnecessary bus journeys and security points.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Totally not worth it. T5 is better than T3 without lounge access, but with either J or F lounge access T3 is sooo much better.

As others have said, QF and CX lounges offer a very nice way to spend some time. If you really like BA, you will still find the J and F lounge with the same food and drink selection of T5.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Gold
The QR lounge is pretty nice, but I would say the offerings in CX lounge are way better. MH lounge is really not worth visiting even if you're flying MH. You'd be better off visiting BA galleries first in T3 for a similar experience.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:46 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes this can be done along the lines suggested, following the signs for Flight Connections. Can't quite see the point (and note the opening hours of the lounges concerned) but yes it's possible to do this.
Originally Posted by KARFA
I would agree - although I recognise I may be quite lazy!

With the options in T3 I would rather stay there than suffer 2 unnecessary bus journeys and security points.
Thanks for confirming and the advice - I'll see how I feel that day and what time I arrive in LHR and if I want to extend my lounge hop. Might also take a quick trip somewhere close with the tube.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.