Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Same day return check in - return leg check in more than 24hrs before departure?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same day return check in - return leg check in more than 24hrs before departure?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

Hi all,

Having done a number of same day return trips with BA (on the same booking), when checking in for the outbound flight at T-24 hours, the BA app sometimes also lets me check on for the return flight at the same time (which for that return flight might be more like checking in at T-36 hours).

Yet on other occasions where I am doing a same day return trip on the same booking, the app won’t let me check in for the return flight until (understandably) T-24 hours.

was just wondering if anyone knew why on some occasions, the app sometimes let me check in for the return flight at the same time as the outbound flight, and thus earlier than T-24 hours for that return flight? It is seemingly random such that I cannot predict when, or not, I will be allowed to simultaneously check in for the return flight at the same time as the outbound?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The short answer is to do as much of this on the main BA.com website rather than the App since it seems to handle >24 hrs OLCI better than the App.

But you can get to the main BA.com on the App via the Manage My Booking link the App's Manage My Flight screen, bottom of the screen. This doesn't produce a conventional App boarding pass but it can do (e.g.) a PDF boarding pass and most places are OK to use PDF on a mobile device or tablet.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:49 am

If the time between arrival and departure is less than 24 hrs the booking is seen as one outbound trip with two two legs with a connection. If the stop is more than 24 hrs it is two trips, outbound and return with a stopover. (It is th sam way as LHR-NYC-LAX will let you check in on the NYC-LAX-leg way bfore 24 hrs)

(In some occasions a connection/transfer have less taxes than a stopover)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.