Departures to Durban

Old Nov 9, 19, 12:40 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Silver; Virgin Silver; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Avis president's
Posts: 120
Departures to Durban

I have an upcoming flight to Durban and have been idly trying to find details on which terminal it normally uses, A, B or C. Can anyone suggest a good resource for such historical data?
Thanks.
umgowah is offline  
Old Nov 9, 19, 12:52 am
  #2  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by umgowah View Post
I have an upcoming flight to Durban and have been idly trying to find details on which terminal it normally uses, A, B or C. Can anyone suggest a good resource for such historical data?
Thanks.
Almost certainly B or C
PGFlyer85 is offline  
Old Nov 9, 19, 12:55 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, A3*G, UA 1K, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Posts: 2,937
It could be any of them. As a B788 it is particularly prime for an A10 bus gate.
Airprox is offline  
Old Nov 9, 19, 2:13 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 88
Thatís a coincidence, Iím on BA41 today too. As an aside it appears (from FR24) to have been cancelled twice and heavily delayed once in the last week (that is 3/3 since it only operates Sat, Mon, Thu I believe). Wonder what is going on, and fingers crossed.
djbenedict is offline  
Old Nov 9, 19, 4:28 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: UK
Programs: BA silver, Hilton Gold
Posts: 248
Yikes, I'm out on BA41 on Thursday, really hope there is nothing untoward at play as we have a packed schedule on arrival (but being a couple of hours late would be an advantage for better sleep!).

That said the CW cabin appears full (only one seat out of 49 is not booked out) so I'd like to think that the ops team would have some sense of prioritisation for that volume of 'business' travellers. [But heck this is BA and taking a customer first approach would be a novelty.]
Cris L likes this.
SavvyTravel is offline  
Old Nov 9, 19, 5:20 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: SE1, London
Posts: 22,134
49 probably quite low yield passengers on 787 v 100+ on an A380 or hi-J 747 on a businsss heavy route...hence why DUR gets the delay! 😉
Swanhunter is online now  
Old Nov 9, 19, 6:35 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 88
Originally Posted by Swanhunter View Post
49 probably quite low yield passengers on 787 v 100+ on an A380 or hi-J 747 on a businsss heavy route...hence why DUR gets the delay! 😉
Probably correct re the yield, but I donít think they are directly substitutable, i.e. itís not like you could take the B788 crew and say ok youíre flying the A380 tonight? And actually I think the JNB A380 flights are somewhat notorious for delays and cancellations too!
djbenedict is offline  
Old Nov 9, 19, 10:00 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 88
... aaand the answer is... C. Currently waiting for some bags to be offloaded due to passenger no-shows.
djbenedict is offline  
Old Nov 10, 19, 2:29 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 111
I was on BA41 yesterday too and quite enjoyed it!

Priority boarding militarily enforced, welcome thimbles of pre-departure champagne cheerfully topped up. All advertised wines and meals available and a better than expected nightís sleep enjoyed.

And as an aside, we even managed to get walk-in spa appointments at the T5B lounge.

Have I used up all of my BA luck in one go?
HoneymoonFlyer is offline  
Old Nov 12, 19, 6:38 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Norwich, UK
Programs: IHG Gold
Posts: 306
Originally Posted by djbenedict View Post
Probably correct re the yield, but I donít think they are directly substitutable, i.e. itís not like you could take the B788 crew and say ok youíre flying the A380 tonight? And actually I think the JNB A380 flights are somewhat notorious for delays and cancellations too!
My understanding is that due to the aircraft sitting on the ground all day at JNB, it is a prime route to suck up delays from elsewhere in the network if they can swap over the aircraft.

signol
signol is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: