Wiki Posts
Search

Departures to Durban

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
Departures to Durban

I have an upcoming flight to Durban and have been idly trying to find details on which terminal it normally uses, A, B or C. Can anyone suggest a good resource for such historical data?
Thanks.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by umgowah
I have an upcoming flight to Durban and have been idly trying to find details on which terminal it normally uses, A, B or C. Can anyone suggest a good resource for such historical data?
Thanks.
Almost certainly B or C
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
It could be any of them. As a B788 it is particularly prime for an A10 bus gate.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:13 am

That’s a coincidence, I’m on BA41 today too. As an aside it appears (from FR24) to have been cancelled twice and heavily delayed once in the last week (that is 3/3 since it only operates Sat, Mon, Thu I believe). Wonder what is going on, and fingers crossed.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Yikes, I'm out on BA41 on Thursday, really hope there is nothing untoward at play as we have a packed schedule on arrival (but being a couple of hours late would be an advantage for better sleep!).

That said the CW cabin appears full (only one seat out of 49 is not booked out) so I'd like to think that the ops team would have some sense of prioritisation for that volume of 'business' travellers. [But heck this is BA and taking a customer first approach would be a novelty.]
Cris L likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

49 probably quite low yield passengers on 787 v 100+ on an A380 or hi-J 747 on a businsss heavy route...hence why DUR gets the delay! 😉
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
49 probably quite low yield passengers on 787 v 100+ on an A380 or hi-J 747 on a businsss heavy route...hence why DUR gets the delay! 😉
Probably correct re the yield, but I don’t think they are directly substitutable, i.e. it’s not like you could take the B788 crew and say ok you’re flying the A380 tonight? And actually I think the JNB A380 flights are somewhat notorious for delays and cancellations too!
Old Nov 9, 2019, 9:00 am

... aaand the answer is... C. Currently waiting for some bags to be offloaded due to passenger no-shows.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 1:29 am

I was on BA41 yesterday too and quite enjoyed it!

Priority boarding militarily enforced, welcome thimbles of pre-departure champagne cheerfully topped up. All advertised wines and meals available and a better than expected night’s sleep enjoyed.

And as an aside, we even managed to get walk-in spa appointments at the T5B lounge.

Have I used up all of my BA luck in one go?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by djbenedict
Probably correct re the yield, but I don’t think they are directly substitutable, i.e. it’s not like you could take the B788 crew and say ok you’re flying the A380 tonight? And actually I think the JNB A380 flights are somewhat notorious for delays and cancellations too!
My understanding is that due to the aircraft sitting on the ground all day at JNB, it is a prime route to suck up delays from elsewhere in the network if they can swap over the aircraft.

signol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.