Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

AUP - how long before departure are they available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2019, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist

AUP question which I have searched but can’t find.

Are they available, at the airport (specifically T5) from when checkin opens 24hrs before departure? Or is it only a few hours before the flight departs?

i only ask as I’m staying at the Sofitel a night before a flight and wondered if popping in and asking would be a waste of time vs waiting until I go to get the flight the next morning.

Views ?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 2:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by ibbitsc
AUP question which I have searched but can’t find.

Are they available, at the airport (specifically T5) from when checkin opens 24hrs before departure? Or is it only a few hours before the flight departs?

i only ask as I’m staying at the Sofitel a night before a flight and wondered if popping in and asking would be a waste of time vs waiting until I go to get the flight the next morning.

Views ?
24 hours before usually!
Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I note Nuffy's response but my understanding is / was that AUPs were available on the travel day of departure, so in the case of T5 only from 05:00 hrs onwards. Now I can't say I've tested this, so if the OP is successful it would be great to update this thread.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Assuming I make good time to T5 tomorrow, I’ll give it a go and report back!
Old Nov 9, 2019, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

And I can confirm, having just spoken to a really helpful BA member of staff at the FW in T5, that AUPs are only available on the day of travel.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 12:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ibbitsc
And I can confirm, having just spoken to a really helpful BA member of staff at the FW in T5, that AUPs are only available on the day of travel.
Thanks for reverting back with that, it was my suspicion too, since the way that FLY works is to deal with the block of flights immediately in front of the agent, rather taking on another day's workload.
ibbitsc likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Yep that would make sense.

Feel free to lock this thread now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.