Wiki Posts
Search

CX888 - with YVR stop

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
CX888 - with YVR stop

Quick Question - I will be travelling CX from SIN to JFK in Premium Econ. The route I booked is SIN to HKG, then HKG to JFK with a stop in Vancouver. Leaving aside the SIN to HKG element, and looking at HKG to JFK - do I amass TP for two indivdual legs or just the overall TP for HKG to JFK as if it were one run?

Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: Confirmed
One leg for HKG-JFK. It’s one flight number. YVR is considered a stop. This is reflected on your e-ticket.

Welcome to BA forum. CSDs of this forum probably will greet you soon.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Thanks so much, for prompt reply.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: BAEC
The OP didn't state their travel dates but just in case I believe this CX route via YVR is going to be cancelled from Spring 2020
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
A warm welcome to Flyertalk and the BA forum indeed jamiecoombs76! Hope you feel at home and stay with us for a long time - do not hesitate to ask any other questions to that cheerful and knowledgeable crowd and sharing your own experiences!
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:16 am

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Originally Posted by jamiecoombs76
Quick Question - I will be travelling CX from SIN to JFK in Premium Econ. The route I booked is SIN to HKG, then HKG to JFK with a stop in Vancouver. Leaving aside the SIN to HKG element, and looking at HKG to JFK - do I amass TP for two indivdual legs or just the overall TP for HKG to JFK as if it were one run?

Thanks!
Actually you can get the Tier points but the HKG YVR and YVR-JFK has to be done as separate coupons, even if is done as one flight number, you still are entitled for each leg. I do tell you from my experience although people told me that there is no way I would get TP s for each leg. I had like three RT of HKG JFK connection in YVR and I always got for each segment. Sometimes YVR JFK did not posted but then I claimed and in few days they were added without issue
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by SKRan
One leg for HKG-JFK. It’s one flight number. YVR is considered a stop. This is reflected on your e-ticket.

Welcome to BA forum. CSDs of this forum probably will greet you soon.

Having only one flight number does not mean that you don’t get it for the second leg, it all has to do with ticket coupons. If is two separate ticket coupons then you get for each legs. Easy like that

Last edited by high.and.above; Nov 5, 2019 at 2:07 pm
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by plunet
The OP didn't state their travel dates but just in case I believe this CX route via YVR is going to be cancelled from Spring 2020
It is, it will still fly to YVR but will not continue on to JFK from March 27th.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by high.and.above
being only one flight number does not mean that you don’t get it for the second leg, it all has to do with ticket coupons. If is two separate ticket coupons then you get for each legs. Easy like that
?

Sorry but I don’t understand your point.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:09 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
CX issues CX888 as single coupon for pax to JFK.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Dominicus
CX issues CX888 as single coupon for pax to JFK.
Nope, they DO NOT. AS you can see on my picture attached below, you can see that is two separate coupon and got credited accordingly.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by SKRan
?

Sorry but I don’t understand your point.
My point is that it does not matter that both legs has the same fight number.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Actually it does matter

if for example you fly BA LHR-SIN-SYD on BA 11 on one ticket you get one set of TPs for the whole trip even though you stop and SIN, get off and then reboard again. You don't get the TPs for separate LHR - SIN and SIN - SYD trips.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:23 pm

Nope, they DO NOT. AS you can see on my picture attached below, you can see that is two separate coupon and got credited accordingly.
CX credits 865 and 888 to its own frequent-flyer program exactly the same number of miles and tier points as from its six non-stop flights*. I claim no knowledge of how any of these flights credit to BA's program, though.
*unless you've purchased both legs as separate tickets; I've wanted to try this to satisfy my curiosity, but it seems a bit risky with regards to immigration/security
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:55 pm

My point is that it does not matter that both legs has the same fight number.
If we are getting technical, then HKG-YVR and YVR-JFK are not two legs. It is one leg. On the ticket it just show HKG-JFK. You don’t arrive into and don’t depart from YVR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.