Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking problems with AA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2019, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
So had BA web support today and spoke to a somewhat knowledgable person. The issue arises from the fact that BA only qualifies passengers as infants, kids (up to 11 years) and adults (from 12 years) whilst AA has a youth category. It doesn't matter from an award cost but it creates problem. A genius BA programmer then programmed a fix when there is an issue that assigns the same 1970 date to everyone so it solves the problem. They know it creates multiple problems but they don't care. He asked to write to customer service so that when enough people write they ll end up looking to fix it. The worst airline in Europe...
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
You certainly have had a bad run of experiences over the years. Maybe use your Avios on non-flight rewards and free yourself of the tyranny en route to the sunlit uplands?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Well at least besides all your troubles. AA was able to fix it for you.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Amb, Hilton Diamond
I've had this same issue, somehow my partner's API information got overwritten with parts of mine but in such a way that we were prevented from changing it via AA.com or their app, OLCI was completely unavailable for him as a result. We had to drop bags anyway and just went straight to the priority service counter rather than attempting to use self service bag drop and it was all sorted out within a few minutes, so I think the AA desk agents are used to fixing these sorts of problems.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Joeykins
I've had this same issue, somehow my partner's API information got overwritten with parts of mine but in such a way that we were prevented from changing it via AA.com or their app, OLCI was completely unavailable for him as a result. We had to drop bags anyway and just went straight to the priority service counter rather than attempting to use self service bag drop and it was all sorted out within a few minutes, so I think the AA desk agents are used to fixing these sorts of problems.
You'd think in today's world of GDPR (and BA already being bitten by data issues multiple times before) that they'd be a little more careful about cross-pollinating peoples person details like this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: AA: Life time PLT; HH Diamond
AA

Originally Posted by aabah
You'd think in today's world of GDPR (and BA already being bitten by data issues multiple times before) that they'd be a little more careful about cross-pollinating peoples person details like this.
Well done AA; good at problem solving AND customer focussed; whereas BA...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.