Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA LHR-MCT Expedia Price

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:29 am
Original Poster

BA LHR-MCT Expedia Price

I know flight prices vary with the consolidators, but I was wondering if this kind of price difference often occurs?

Planning on going to Muscat in January. Probably going to fly BA in J with our 2 for 1 voucher, but I was costing other classes to check if it was a worthwhile use of the voucher.

On the BA website/mobile etc a return premium economy ticket 10-17 Jan was coming in at £2133.84 for 2 people. On Expedia it's coming in at £1205.84 for 2 people.

It's not the class I want, but it seems a huge price difference! I always choose to book direct with the carrier.....but.....

Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Grab it and UuA?
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Didn't know if Expedia bookings qualified to be considered for UuA?
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by IKDR
Are you sure it’s a PE fare as I didn’t think there were any PE fares without a baggage allowance?
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by polochick
Are you sure it’s a PE fare as I didn’t think there were any PE fares without a baggage allowance?
It has a baggage allowance doesn't it?
Bring a checked bag for free

Bring a second checked bag for free
Old Nov 3, 2019, 9:11 am

Oops! Tired eyes!
Old Nov 3, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I doubt it - especially since it also says "Expedia Special fare" on the booking.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
That's a great price return. Would the tier points be handy? That might influence my decision. Wtp for a 7 hour overnight is fine. Obviously if you're set on club, go for club.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Qatar Platinum
I frequently find J for £1000 cheaper on Expedia than BA.com from Kuwait - so I think it’s fairly regular.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The problem here would be if the Expedia fare is a IT fare or a consolidator fare. This would make it very difficult to UuA due to the fact that the base fare or fare basis may not be visible and any attempt by Contact Centre staff to UuA simply won't compute. So my view would be to take this fare (a) if it sounds really good (and you can add quite a lot of things to your holiday for that much money) (b) be totally 101% sure you won't change dates (c) have good travel insurance and finally (d) still try UuA by calling a Contact Centre. It may not work, so it's all a bit best endeavours, but you still have (a) to fall back on.
IKDR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.