Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cambridge to Gothenburg (Sun-air)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Cambridge to Gothenburg (Sun-air)

It appears these flights still actually operate but is it no longer available to the public? I.e. fully chartered by AZ?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
CBG doesn't have any public access anymore so you can't book them unfortunately.

If you are after a Dornier fix it would have to be MAN or LCY to BLL or one of the other routes they have across Europe.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Indeed. "Cambridge International Airport" is only that if you can charter or buy your own aircraft - as AstraZeneca have done.

The Sun-Air Dornier can still be seen morning and evening on its way out of Cambridge.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
If you are after a Dornier fix it would have to be MAN or LCY to BLL or one of the other routes they have across Europe.
Is the 328Jet pretty much guaranteed on MAN/LCY-BLL? I’ve been considering booking one of them as part of a TP run.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by TedToToe
Is the 328Jet pretty much guaranteed on MAN/LCY-BLL? I’ve been considering booking one of them as part of a TP run.
Yes, Sun-Air they don't have anything else to fly the BA franchise other than D328 jets. Also for LCY there is only one of them that can do the steep approach so you would always get OY-NCO.

TP run? I never thought about that using Sun-Air. They are economy only tho so no business selling classes, only economy. As economy goes it's very nice as you get free food and drinks.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:22 am
Original Poster

What are the steep approach modifications? Is it like the a318? (Moderate spoiler deployment on final)
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by APUBleed
What are the steep approach modifications? Is it like the a318? (Moderate spoiler deployment on final)
I believe so, ride the speedbrake on the way down.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by APUBleed
It appears these flights still actually operate but is it no longer available to the public? I.e. fully chartered by AZ?
This was being called at T3 in MAN when I was there Monday, probably around 0730, Manchester to Gothenburg via Cambridge. Its the second time I've heard it being called while at MAN, I was goo g to go to the gate to see if it looked like all corporates boarding or if any 'normal' PX on it but didn't really have time.

The fact they called it made me think it must be available to book but then of course they would call it just like any charter flight.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:36 am

CBG doesn't have any public access anymore so you can't book them unfortunately.

The Cambridge flight starts at MAN, at least on a Monday morning. I'd thought the MAN to Cam ridge could be useful on occasion but its obviously just for the AZ staff in Macclesfield heading over to Sweden. I did hear that if you're going to meet with AZ it's possible to get on the flight even if you're not staff, a bit like the BAe shuttle from Warton down to Farnborough.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:38 am

Yep, it's a great little aircraft and fantastic service. It's economy only but the on board experience is essentially a match for CE.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
They climb like a rocket too, I really enjoyed my flights with Sun Air last year.

You can indeed attach them, sort of, to a TP run by starting in (say) Aalborg and doing what turns into an ex Oslo, that sort of thing. I did an ex Aalborg to Boston last year which was a relatively cheap Y trip with the aim of trying the smallest and biggest aircraft in the fleet (should have been Jetstream 31 and A380, but the J31 was swapped to a Dornier).
Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Indeed it is only an AZ route, shuttle between the two global offices. Fare is a notional 1GBP as an AZ staff
Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
its been expanded now.. the new routing is MAN-CBG-GOT-CBG-MAN (to connect the Alderley team too)

We have specific methods to book this flight, on concur it will only appear if you search for mixed classes etc
Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
TP run? I never thought about that using Sun-Air. They are economy only tho so no business selling classes, only economy. As economy goes it's very nice as you get free food and drinks.
I was thinking about a triangular LHR-MAN-BLL-LHR route but hadn’t realised Sun-Air were economy only.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
I was thinking about a triangular LHR-MAN-BLL-LHR route but hadn’t realised Sun-Air were economy only.
for the AZ flight, i just took a look, as it books in mixed classes, OB is in B and IB in C

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.