Wiki Posts
Search

BA 001 [LCY-JFK] in winter

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
BA 001 [LCY-JFK] in winter

Planning another of my long weekend visits to London early December. Was thinking of returning on the LCY flight to JFK but, given the time of year and potential for bad weather, what do you experts recommend? Realize these things can't be predicted in advance but how pro-active is BA in terms of rescheduling these flights or should I just not bother and take a flight from LHR. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:53 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by dwugson
Realize these things can't be predicted in advance
You've answered your own question. LHR is the safest bet if you're concerned about schedules and options given the quantity of flights. If you're happy with a bit of messing around then book LCY and worse case you'll be shunted to LHR (or LGW).
orbitmic likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
If you like ba1 book ba1, as mentioned, if weather hits it only you’ll be moved anyway (usually no space issue in the winter) and there is 95%+ chance you’ll be fine!
Old Oct 26, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
I was shuttled to LGW in October 18.

Was given two LHR options too, so at least there is a back up to the gamble
Old Oct 27, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
how pro-active is BA in terms of rescheduling these flights or should I just not bother and take a flight from LHR. Any advice would be appreciated.
What do you mean by rescheduling? They don’t reschedule them as such, simply cancel them with pax reaccommodated on the other LHR / LGW Services.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 2:57 am

Can't speak for delays, but I will say that I flew BA1 in winter and there were only 9 people on board. Such a unique experience, it was like being on a private jet! The crew was also particularly chirpy and chatty - saying that they enjoy the flight too (although with only 9 people their job was pretty easy that day!). Hope you can make it back.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Thanks all for you input. Just want to let you know that by fluke I came across an ultra low BA F fare for half the lowest biz for the dates I wanted (through AA) so I grabbed it! Will wait till spring to enjoy BA1.
RockyRobin and mhy like this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by APUBleed
Can't speak for delays, but I will say that I flew BA1 in winter and there were only 9 people on board. Such a unique experience, it was like being on a private jet! The crew was also particularly chirpy and chatty - saying that they enjoy the flight too (although with only 9 people their job was pretty easy that day!). Hope you can make it back.
Though OP has booked now through December 2010 when Heathrow and BA’s cost cutting closed the airport for 5 days the BA1/2 ran rather more (was hit a bit but nothing like Heathrow).
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:27 am
mhy

Programs: JGC
Thanks all for you input. Just want to let you know that by fluke I came across an ultra low BA F fare for half the lowest biz for the dates I wanted (through AA) so I grabbed it! Will wait till spring to enjoy BA1.
I grabbed two round trips with this fare too...I think we know which one it is

Babybus still on my bucket list. If I get lucky I'll get to use it on a biz trip next year...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.