Wiki Posts
Search

[25 Oct] BA0179 LHR JFK gone tech

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:19 am
Original Poster

[25 Oct] BA0179 LHR JFK gone tech

Hi guys

Aircraft went tech as I was on MAN-LHR to connect. Luckily checked the app to see if we could make the connect to T5B as was 15 mins late to the gate. Notified of cancellation by app, two texts and an email. Was rebooked on BA2273 from Gatwick at 16.55 tomorrow which was very unsuitable. Trotted to Customer Services by T5 connections and managed to get on the 9am VS flight from T3 tomorrow morning. Seems half the flight was connecting to JFK too as when we left the counter to go to Sofitel T5 there were 50+ pax behind us in the queue.
Markie likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:03 pm

A colleague was on the return this evening's 182 JFK-LHR which is the return of your flight 179. He was automatically moved to AA104, but in Y. A quick phone call to GGL (using my details) he was moved onto the last (or second last) J seat on the 114 - very well handled by the GGL line, since it was not my booking.

All flights out of JFK tonight look very busy indeed, notwithstanding a cancelled rotation. Not surprising since it is a Friday, but I also believe that it is some UK school holidays.
Jimbojumbo likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by rossmacd
A colleague was on the return this evening's 182 JFK-LHR which is the return of your flight 179. He was automatically moved to AA104, but in Y. A quick phone call to GGL (using my details) he was moved onto the last (or second last) J seat on the 114 - very well handled by the GGL line, since it was not my booking.

All flights out of JFK tonight look very busy indeed, notwithstanding a cancelled rotation. Not surprising since it is a Friday, but I also believe that it is some UK school holidays.

yeah I personally know people going there for holiday, busy weekend to travel with school holidays !
Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
I don't know what's going on with bookings but next week and in particular the weekend of November 1st, 2nd and 3rd is absolutely chock-a-block in all most all fare classes JFK-LHR on BA and AA, not sure what this is due to, mid-term school holidays? Also, just casually looking but it seems it's most flight from the US to LHR that weekend are booked solid with very few available seats.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by yabadoo
I don't know what's going on with bookings but next week and in particular the weekend of November 1st, 2nd and 3rd is absolutely chock-a-block in all most all fare classes JFK-LHR on BA and AA, not sure what this is due to, mid-term school holidays? Also, just casually looking but it seems it's most flight from the US to LHR that weekend are booked solid with very few available seats.

Hi,

On the 3rd of November the NFL teams Houston Texans and Jacksonville Jaguars are playing at Wembley so that might make some flights busier perhaps

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Actually can someone check if it did go tech please? The pilot and crew of BA1399 (MAN-LHR) seemed to think so and the email said ‘technical issue’ but it would be great to get it in black and white JIC.

Thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:53 pm

The Beijing BA39 had a technical issue. Your aircraft was used to cover that flight at last minute. On top a 777 night-stopped in San Diego last night resulting in no a/c to cover your flight.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:01 pm

Apparently very busy tonight at T7, as you’d expect. It appears they are doing the usual JFK system if you get there early and there is a seat, they’ll dispatch you on your way to LHR - which is smart under the circumstances.
BearX220 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
All half term hols should be finished by the end of next week, I can’t think of another reason why things should be so busy.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: BAEC
Half term is late in many UK areas this year, with the holiday unusually starting next weekend and finishing the first weekend in November. So unusually half term is the week after the clocks go back...
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Jimbojumbo
Actually can someone check if it did go tech please? The pilot and crew of BA1399 (MAN-LHR) seemed to think so and the email said ‘technical issue’ but it would be great to get it in black and white JIC.

Thanks.
'DAMA' was the quoted reason which looks like it means Aircraft Damage On The Ground

Comments:
DOBA179/25OCT
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * BA 179 -1 FR 25OCT19
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

FLIGHT CANCELLED 1036
DAMA
LHR ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 2046 JFK
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* BA 179 -1 FR 25OCT19
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
LHR 1805 FR FAJCDRIWETY/M 777 7:55
BHKMLVSNQOG/M
X/M
JFK 2100 FR 7:55
COMMENTS-
1.LHR JFK - MEMBER OF ONEWORLD
BHKMLVSNQOG/M
2.LHR JFK - DEPARTS TERMINAL 5
3.LHR JFK - ARRIVES TERMINAL 7
4.LHR JFK - 9/ NON-SMOKING
5.LHR JFK - SECURED FLIGHT
6.LHR JFK - ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE
7.LHR JFK - CO2/PAX* 333.50 KG ECO, 667.00 KG PRE
(*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR
CONFIGURATION-
777 F 14 J 56 W 44 M 183
>
Old Oct 26, 2019, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
'DAMA' was the quoted reason which looks like it means Aircraft Damage On The Ground

Comments:
DOBA179/25OCT
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * BA 179 -1 FR 25OCT19
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

FLIGHT CANCELLED 1036
DAMA
LHR ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 2046 JFK
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* BA 179 -1 FR 25OCT19
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
LHR 1805 FR FAJCDRIWETY/M 777 7:55
BHKMLVSNQOG/M
X/M
JFK 2100 FR 7:55
COMMENTS-
1.LHR JFK - MEMBER OF ONEWORLD
BHKMLVSNQOG/M
2.LHR JFK - DEPARTS TERMINAL 5
3.LHR JFK - ARRIVES TERMINAL 7
4.LHR JFK - 9/ NON-SMOKING
5.LHR JFK - SECURED FLIGHT
6.LHR JFK - ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE
7.LHR JFK - CO2/PAX* 333.50 KG ECO, 667.00 KG PRE
(*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR
CONFIGURATION-
777 F 14 J 56 W 44 M 183
>
Does that mean I’m going to have an issue with EU compensation? Upthread states the aircraft was substituted for the Beijing flight. I’m confused.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Jimbojumbo
Does that mean I’m going to have an issue with EU compensation? Upthread states the aircraft was substituted for the Beijing flight. I’m confused.
You don't need to be concerned with any other flights. You just need to know whether the reason stated for this flight (DAMA) is covered under the regulations and I don't know the answer in this case although I suspect that others will be along shortly with the information you need.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 1:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by golfmad
You don't need to be concerned with any other flights. You just need to know whether the reason stated for this flight (DAMA) is covered under the regulations and I don't know the answer in this case although I suspect that others will be along shortly with the information you need.
Damage can be extraordinary circumstances, but it depends who did it. If it was bird strike or some FOD (foreign object damage) on the runway then it can be extraordinary. If it's one of BA's staff or contractors vehicles bumping the fuselage, or damaging the hold doorway, then it's not extraordinary. Even if extraordinary, the "all reasonable measures" part still applies. Lots more details in the main EC261 thread to be found via the BA Forum Dashboard.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Damage can be extraordinary circumstances...
I was expecting to see a Y or N at the end of the string to indicate at least BA's view of whether EC261 would apply?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.