Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help with lounge access and baggage pretty please!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Hi all,

we, as a party of 6 including 4 adults and 2 children aged 12 are looking to fly from LHR to Stockholm mid December and doing this as cheaply as possible.

I am a Gold card, my wife is Silver.

I've not made the booking yet but we really would like for everyone to have lounge access as its a surprise for the young girls.

I get that myself and my wife can guest two people in but this leaves us two short for the lounge access.

Do I book two people in CE and the other 4 on the cheapest hand baggage only. This will save costs on the bags plus allow everyone into the lounge at both ends. The family of 4 can switch two on the outbound business and two on the inbound. I'm assuming BA won't have an issue with this.

Is there a way to simplify this?

Forgive me please. haha.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Is lounge access so important that you'd rather not keep passengers together on a flight?

For those aged 12, lounge access may not hold such value as you might think?
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Is lounge access so important that you'd rather not keep passengers together on a flight?

For those aged 12, lounge access may not hold such value as you might think?
I understand what you're saying but their dad, my brother thinks they will love it as a surprise as its their birthday around that time.

He's the one pushing for it.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by eugegall

Do I book two people in CE and the other 4 on the cheapest hand baggage only. This will save costs on the bags plus allow everyone into the lounge at both ends. The family of 4 can switch two on the outbound business and two on the inbound. I'm assuming BA won't have an issue with this.

Just don't let the kids have the CE seats as they may not be willing to travel economy ever again
eugegall and T8191 like this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
A feed at Plane Food and a trip to the shops will be of far more value to 12 year olds than a bowl of slop in Galleries I reckon.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Whatever you do, don’t book yourself or your wife into CE. You will need to book two non-status passengers for CE so they get lounge access.
eugegall and george77300 like this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Alternatively consider buying economy tickets for you all and paying for all of you to go into the Plaza Premium lounge at T5. I suspect that might be cheaper than buying 2 Club and 4 Euro Traveller tickets.
That only solves the lounge access at LHR and not in Stockholm on the return but if it is that important to have lounge access for the return you could also consider Priority Pass which will get you lounge access in there.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 10:06 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eugegall
I understand what you're saying but their dad, my brother thinks they will love it as a surprise as its their birthday around that time.

He's the one pushing for it.
Book everyone in Economy. Take the kids in as your guests. Tell your brother and the other adult to have fun shopping
Old Oct 23, 2019, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Hi OP, what outbound date from LHR to ARN are you looking at in Mid December.

‘Tis the season to be jolly and maybe I could invite your 5 Guests into the GF Lounge. You by right of Gold will already have GF Access.

Hope I’m not breaking any FT Rules ... I certainly will not have Popcorn on the ready 😊

Edit: Feel Free to PM me
flygirl68 and eugegall like this.

Last edited by deboyzoned; Oct 23, 2019 at 11:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.