Wiki Posts
Search

Cash fare Avios discount

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Cash fare Avios discount

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I’ve had a look at a few of the wiki’s and wasn’t sure of the answer. After successfully booking my ex eu to SYD for beginning of feb next year I’m looking at booking the positioning flights, question is would a booking with part cash part Avios count as a Eligible flights towards silver status? I’d be looking at getting the full £90 off so would be a fairly low cash element. Also my tier point collection ends on 8 Jan, card ends end of Feb. Am I going to have to rush to get 4 Eligible flights In before the card expires or it’s all based on the tier point end date?

Many thanks for the help
Hoppo
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You need to earn your 4 eligible flights in your tier point year which ends on the 8th of Jan.

A cash booking using avios to discount it counts as qualifying flight.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
you need to earn your 4 eligible flights in your tier point year which ends on the 8th of Jan.

A cash booking using avios to discount it counts as qualifying flight.

Thanks for the quick reply, all the flights will be from feb to March, would this mean status for nearly two years?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Hoppo966
Thanks for the quick reply, all the flights will be from feb to March, would this mean status for nearly two years?
Yes it would, provided you reach 600 tier points as well as the 4 qualifying flights.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Ah that clarifys things a little

Yes as those flights are after 9th January 2020 they will count to your 20/21 membership year and that your silver status would end in February 2022 though the app and card wuld state 2021 and you would get one with 2022 on in in early 2021

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.