Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[What to expect on BA's LGW] Barbados planes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[What to expect on BA's LGW] Barbados planes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by osirisSFN
Ironically, a lot of the G-YMMx dogs that run the BKK and LAS routes are some of the youngest 772s in the fleet. Some of them are barely 10 years old.
But flogged to (near) death..........
Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by VincentHanna
So it's a trade-off between seat width and decent entertainment.
Just to add I was very surprised that the WT seats were really not too bad width wise, I'm not exactly small and I find them pretty comfy. The IFE is worlds apart from the old system, and with no computer boxes robbing you of foot room either.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by osirisSFN
Ironically, a lot of the G-YMMx dogs that run the BKK and LAS routes are some of the youngest 772s in the fleet. Some of them are barely 10 years old.
I looked up the tail number and it was a plane from 1993 or 1994 and the entertainment system looked like it was from the early 2000's. Basically unusable.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by VincentHanna
I looked up the tail number and it was a plane from 1993 or 1994 and the entertainment system looked like it was from the early 2000's. Basically unusable.
Wow, yeah, fair enough. That is an old one.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by BigVince76
Just to add I was very surprised that the WT seats were really not too bad width wise, I'm not exactly small and I find them pretty comfy. The IFE is worlds apart from the old system, and with no computer boxes robbing you of foot room either.
Yes, while the concept of moving from 9 to 10 across sounds terrifying the reality is there have been very very few complaints. Its not just a case of squeezing in 10 of exactly the same seats in exactly the same space. In reality the seats are a slightly different design which creates some feeling of space and the aisles are narrower so there is more space in the seating area to play with.

That's not to say they don't feel a little smaller but with IFE entertainment that is light years ahead of the old one and the improvements in food over the last year or so, BA Y is considerably better than it used to be, despite the smaller seats. Your computer box point is an excellent one too, some of those boxes felt like they took up half the usable foot space so their demise is greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
There are no 777s from 1993 or 1994.....
If BA get an aircraft issue it tends to be the JFK which is cancelled as passengers are moved to LHR / LCY.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
True, but the OP was talking about a previous flight to LAS. They didn't specify they started at LGW for the previous flight so an unrefurbished mid-J 747 would meet that description and date I think.....
Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Skipcool3
If BA get an aircraft issue it tends to be the JFK which is cancelled as passengers are moved to LHR / LCY.
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
True, but the OP was talking about a previous flight to LAS. They didn't specify they started at LGW for the previous flight so an unrefurbished mid-J 747 would meet that description and date I think.....
Yes indeed BertieBadger

I was talking about a previous BA flight, from LHR to LAS in August of this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.