Wiki Posts
Search

BA Club suite vs QR Qsuite

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA Club suite vs QR Qsuite

Just sat on BA93 to Toronto waiting to depart, having been on the qsuite Qsuite has it so far but not by much.

any questions while I’m here, just ask....
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:20 am

Why does "Qsuite have it so far"?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Feels bigger on qsuite not sure why as both use 1-2-1 config. Also walls are much higher on Qatar so you feel you are really in a suite whereas in BA they appear as just a token.

also pet hate of mine, they still serve champagne in a tumbler - why - Qatar serve in a proper flute - first world problems I know but really

will try try the food soon
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Looking at the you tube video of the Q suite it looks almost virginesque with its pink tones and the high walls make them look like pens.

Loved the subtlety of the new club suite design
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Looking at the you tube video of the Q suite it looks almost virginesque with its pink tones and the high walls make them look like pens.

Loved the subtlety of the new club suite design
I like the high walls as it does feel private. The tones are similar but not as garish as virgin.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I prefer the Q suite, it feels less cramped, even with the walls higher. But I like the qsuite door and other don't so YMMV
Old Oct 12, 2019, 7:08 am

I don’t understand this. The BA seat is the super diamond modified for a door. QR ran the super diamond across its fleets for years; 787, 350, etc... the q suite replaced that product and ‘everyone’ said it was better. Ergo the q suite must be better than the BA product. Just because they’re both called suite doesn’t make them equal.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
IMHO the QSuite is way way better than the Club Suite. No competition at all. The design, quality material, finishing touches, etc put it way out in front.
And yes I have experienced both seats first hand.

Last edited by MaxFlyer; Oct 12, 2019 at 8:23 am
Old Oct 12, 2019, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
IMHO the QSuite is way way better than the Club Suite. No completion at all. The design, quality material, finishing touches, etc put it way out in front.
And yes I have experienced both seats first hand.
Totally agree with you! One must remember Qsuite is not just the hard product but includes a proper mattress topper, on demand snacks service, pyjamas as well as the unrivalled extremely consistent (and no the inconsistently inconsistent BA crew) still make QR's J one of the best, if not the best in the World. But yes, has this seat elevated BA a lot? Yes and it's a huge improvement over the previous seat, with a wider retrofit and newer aircraft coming in along with The White Company bedding, full Do & Co catering roll out completion, it will certainly elevate and actually take BA back to near the top again, but not quite the top (which it used to be back in the day).
Old Oct 12, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
I'm looking forward to trying the new Club Suite. I'm a big fan of QR's Q Suite and I agree it has taken their hard J product to a new level. QR's soft product is also usually excellent so for me when I fly east, it's always my first choice.
Mountlodge and blackdog047 like this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I read on a recent Head for Points article where they reviewed the QSuite, that both BA and QR use Do&Co for their catering. The article showed what afternoon tea looks like on QR. BA could offer the same if they spent more.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I read on a recent Head for Points article where they reviewed the QSuite, that both BA and QR use Do&Co for their catering. The article showed what afternoon tea looks like on QR. BA could offer the same if they spent more.
They don't have to as they don't compete with QR on their money making TATL routes.
T8191, msm2000uk, argonath and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Many people seem to forget or not realise that Qatar's Qsuite or business class offering is a hybrid business and First class product hence why it may always be viewed that little bit better than BA Club Suite/First or whatever any other airlines offer. Qatar First is only limited to their A380's and even that is not regarded by many as the world's best.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by icegirl
Qatar First is only limited to their A380's and even that is not regarded by many as the world's best.
That may be so but having flown it a number of times on QR's A380, normally on the Doha to Bangkok route, it absolutely wipes the floor with BA First.
blackdog047 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: QF P1, OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by icegirl
Many people seem to forget or not realise that Qatar's Qsuite or business class offering is a hybrid business and First class product hence why it may always be viewed that little bit better than BA Club Suite/First or whatever any other airlines offer. Qatar First is only limited to their A380's and even that is not regarded by many as the world's best.
I guess I must be one of the many people that never realised the Qsuite is a "hybrid business and first class". I always thought it was just a well designed business class seat that has a similar density to most modern seats, but takes full advantage of the extra cabin width on the B777 (and A350).
UKTraveller4Fun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.