Wiki Posts
Search

Little Nod From a New Gold Card Holder

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Little Nod From a New Gold Card Holder

I just wanted to thank the members of this forum who spend day after day offering advice to strangers in pursuit of the Holy Grail.

Today I gained this with 1 day to spare on my account.

I am simply a leisure traveller who has gone from Bronze to Silver to Gold in 2ish years with the help of you all so thank you very much.

Here is to the next 12 months of trips and the first wing, which I've still never been though.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Congratulations. I love posts like these.

I remember when I reached Gold for the first time last year after a run to Phoenix. It’s an awesome level to achieve and you are right to name the First Wing as a great benefit; it really is an amazing one. In fact I do not think it’s replicated in any other international airport quite as well.

Next stop is 2500 TP’s!

So yes; enjoy it!
Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Gold has many benefits and I agree the First Wing at Heathrow is nice, especially when you travel with someone and guest them through. But for me the best bit is when travelling in the WTP cabin (which I often do on business) and getting special treatment that makes passengers around you wonder who you are.
eugegall likes this.

Last edited by Yellowbelly; Oct 10, 2019 at 12:28 pm Reason: Spelling edit
Old Oct 10, 2019, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowbelly
Gold has many benefits and I agree the First Wing at Heathrow is nice, especially when you travel with someone and guest them through. But for me the best bit is when travelling in the WTP cabin (which I often do on business) and getting special treatment that makes passengers around you wonder who you are.
Ahem... shouldn’t this be in the DYKWIA thread instead?
Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by eugegall
.... and the first wing, which I've still never been though.
Well done on reaching gold.
After 6/7 years of silver, I eventually reached gold and now often ignore first wing for peace and quiet of T5B.
eugegall likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
Congratulations. I love posts like these.

I remember when I reached Gold for the first time last year after a run to Phoenix. It’s an awesome level to achieve and you are right to name the First Wing as a great benefit; it really is an amazing one. In fact I do not think it’s replicated in any other international airport quite as well.

Next stop is 2500 TP’s!

So yes; enjoy it!
I've done the Virgin Upper Class Wing at Heathrow T5 and I can't imagine First experience is any better than that.
I felt like a celeb flying private!
Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Well done.
eugegall likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
I've done the Virgin Upper Class Wing at Heathrow T5 and I can't imagine First experience is any better than that.
Virgin ? T5
Old Oct 10, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by Yellowbelly
And the best thing about GGL is the satisfying sense of complete discretion and anonymity you get in Y.
Cymro, tmac100, IThink and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Welcome aboard. I'm a recently minted gold and yet to use it. Enjoy it and make the most of it.
eugegall likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deboyzoned
Virgin ? T5
Sorry typo. T3!

What can I say, I'm BA through and through.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, HHonors: Silver, Virgin Flying Club: Red, Miles & More
Congratulations! Gold is a long shot for me, but I'm hoping to reach silver next April, and again that is significantly due to the endless kind advice given on this forum. What aspect of having gold status are you looking forward to the most? I'm guessing it's the First wing!
Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:40 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
The big difference is that Virgin's Upper Class Wing doesn't deposit you directly into the lounge. You still need to navigate past all the shops to find the Clubhouse.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelsbyplane
Congratulations! Gold is a long shot for me, but I'm hoping to reach silver next April, and again that is significantly due to the endless kind advice given on this forum. What aspect of having gold status are you looking forward to the most? I'm guessing it's the First wing!
Thanks!

Silver was such a big jump and the perks are awesome. Premium check in, security and lounge access as well as booking seats for free at time of booking. I'm not sure Gold will be such a jump for me personally but to reach it is great in itself but yeah the first wing and lounges from now on will be great.
travelsbyplane likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stuart_f
The big difference is that Virgin's Upper Class Wing doesn't deposit you directly into the lounge. You still need to navigate past all the shops to find the Clubhouse.
That is very true. Looking forward to comparing when I next fly! Actively looking to book something for the next month or so just to try it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.