Search

T24, check in not available BA0039

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
T24, check in not available BA0039

Hi all, thanks in advance for the help.

I have a return booking LHR PEK, the outgoing leg is tomorrow at 4:25pm, however I have not been able to check in. MMB says "not available" see pic below.

I have called the helpline and the they weren't sure either, but said the flight is definitely running tomorrow. For information, outbound is in WT and inbound is CE (upgraded using avios).

Anyone has any ideas whats happening?

Thanks again
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Could be a number of reasons. See this thread which may help.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ficulties.html
alex67500 and golfmad like this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Thanks for the info! I called them and they confirmed by passanger info etc are all up to date and although I amended the return leg after booking (UUa) this didn't break the booking and I am still ticketed.

Heard this could be an upgrade...lol... I can't be downgraded cos I'm in the back of the bus anyway. . Any chance I will be offloaded?

Thanks again!
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Bodoing
Any chance I will be offloaded?
Pretty small, I think. It always is, but in this case BA is still prepared to accept new reservations for the flight: F1 A0 J4 C3 D0 R0 I0 W5 E0 T0 Y8 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G1.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Bodoing
Anyone has any ideas whats happening?
I flew BA39 a couple of weeks ago, and got the following text message from BA after I had tried to check in online:

"We are currently making changes to ba.com to align with China’s new Advanced Passenger Information System requirements. While they take place, we need to ask you to check in at the airport rather than online. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this might cause you. Please be assured we’re making these changes as quickly as possible. British Airways"

I checked in at the airport fine, sadly no upgrade though.
SpeedbirdLHR likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Deltus
I flew BA39 a couple of weeks ago, and got the following text message from BA after I had tried to check in online:

"We are currently making changes to ba.com to align with China’s new Advanced Passenger Information System requirements. While they take place, we need to ask you to check in at the airport rather than online. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this might cause you. Please be assured we’re making these changes as quickly as possible. British Airways"

I checked in at the airport fine, sadly no upgrade though.
Correct, this is linked to the recently implemented China interactive APIS system.
golfmad likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
Correct, this is linked to the recently implemented China interactive APIS system.
Does anyone know if BA has re-instated OLCI for BA39 yet? I've booked an ex-EU starting with a B2B to OSL, before BA39 to PKX the following day. I'm now worried that I might not be able to check in online for the return leg of my B2B, which would rather scupper the whole venture. (OSL-LHR-PKX is all on one ticket, to be clear.)

Even if OLCI still isn't available, if I get to LHR early before my B2B, should they be able to sort it all out there?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Deltus
Does anyone know if BA has re-instated OLCI for BA39 yet? I've booked an ex-EU starting with a B2B to OSL, before BA39 to PKX the following day. I'm now worried that I might not be able to check in online for the return leg of my B2B, which would rather scupper the whole venture. (OSL-LHR-PKX is all on one ticket, to be clear.)

Even if OLCI still isn't available, if I get to LHR early before my B2B, should they be able to sort it all out there?
You should be able to OLCI for your OSL-LHR anyway, just select that sector only and do not try and also do LHR-PKX at the same time.

And yes you are right you can sort out the passport/visa check at LHR for the flight to PKX before you head off to the b2b.
Deltus likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:22 am

We had this on our trip to Cancun in the summer. All 4 of us upgraded from WTP to CW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.