Wiki Posts
Search

T5B lounge- oh how I love thee

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
T5B lounge- oh how I love thee

Having gone into the zoo that was the First lounge, I decided to miss all their culinary delights for the peace and quiet of T5B.
Found a nice quiet spot, had a little nap, and then had a fellow passenger apologise for disturbing me on his phone call. He wasn't disturbing me but I wonder if civility and manners are better here.
One of the staff felt sorry for me being all on my own- I told her this is what I want. She offered to make me a cup of tea and we had a pleasant little chat.
Oh well, back to T5A to get my flight- just as 2 of our cousins from across the pond are holding a conversation as if they are speaking to one another from either side of the pond :-)
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Always liked T5B Lounge, but never bothered to go there specifically when using other Terminals. I do lazy for Britain!
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: Confirmed
Which TSB account do I have to apply if I want to access this nice lounge?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA
Love it too. Went straight there on my last TATL over T5A. Plenty of quiet space in the business area to get some work done (although the plug socket pop up things were broken).

Bubbles quickly refilled.

Straight into the spa if that’s your thing. (I’ve never entered in roughly 20years of regular travel - in T5 or anywhere else before that)

Roughly 60seconds from leaving the lounge to being in my seat on the bird.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I do wish mods would delete this thread... just a wish...
Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm in here now and it's busier than all my visits combined.
Even queuing for the men's toilets.

Didn't know there was even a kids room as I've never had to venture that way before.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Unhappy

Originally Posted by xenole
I'm in here now and it's busier than all my visits combined.
Even queuing for the men's toilets.

Didn't know there was even a kids room as I've never had to venture that way before.
Nooooo!
If T5B is no longer to be the place of quiet retreat, we best keep quiet about the hidden lounge in T5C so the T5B users don't disturb our peace over there
Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver
The only time I’ve ever gone in and found it noticeably busy, there was an announcement 5 minutes later that the delayed JFK flight was now ready for boarding... and it cleared! Most normal people wouldn’t go there at all, even if departing from B, but if, for example, there was a late delay when already at the gates, would go on up the stairs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.