Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA flight and Hotel - amendment

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:49 am
Original Poster

BA flight and Hotel - amendment

We have booked flights and Hotel with British Airways, originally for myself, husband and son. The Hotel booking was for a 2 bed suite.

My son has now decided he does not want to come on this holiday. How amenable are BA about changing a booking? We have paid a £500 deposit. Hoping they can remove his flight, and possibly change our Hotel down to a one bed from a two.

Anyone got any experience of changing their booking prior to making final payment? Thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
A few years ago I had to change a booking after we'd paid the full amount, but before we'd departed & come back a few days early. There was no problem & got a refund on the unused accommodation.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DorsetKnob
A few years ago I had to change a booking after we'd paid the full amount, but before we'd departed & come back a few days early. There was no problem & got a refund on the unused accommodation.
Thanks, it will be way before final payment so hoping it doesnt affect our booking or rates too much.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Depends if the hotel room was cancellable/changeable for a start. You will need to give BA Holidays a call sooner rather than later to get a definitive answer though I’m afraid.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcylocal
Depends if the hotel room was cancellable/changeable for a start. You will need to give BA Holidays a call sooner rather than later to get a definitive answer though I’m afraid.
It wasnt! Was hoping a change of room in same hotel would be ok? To be honest, the price for a one bed room is not that much less than the two now, we booked so early in a good sale, the two bed has doubled in cost since.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by louise1809
It wasnt! Was hoping a change of room in same hotel would be ok? To be honest, the price for a one bed room is not that much less than the two now, we booked so early in a good sale, the two bed has doubled in cost since.
Call and ask, but normally a change is a change is a change. As pointed above, there are no standard conditions for BA holidays any more than there are for flight alone. Some are completely non changeable, many are changeable for a £25 fee or so, and so are fully flexible.

For your son's ticket, changes are you'll just lose "a" deposit but unclear if it would be all of it or only a third of it. changing the hotel may be trickier if it was fully inflexible even if it is to just change room type but ask and they may be able to contact tehir supplier and ask.
louise1809 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Call and ask, but normally a change is a change is a change. As pointed above, there are no standard conditions for BA holidays any more than there are for flight alone. Some are completely non changeable, many are changeable for a £25 fee or so, and so are fully flexible.

For your son's ticket, changes are you'll just lose "a" deposit but unclear if it would be all of it or only a third of it. changing the hotel may be trickier if it was fully inflexible even if it is to just change room type but ask and they may be able to contact tehir supplier and ask.
Got it, I will call them and let you know the outcome. Was weighing up changing existing booking over cancelling, losing deposit and rebooking just for 2 of us, but flight costs have since rocketed.
orbitmic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.