Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First on LHR-NRT? BA005

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:30 am
Original Poster

First on LHR-NRT? BA005

Morning all, done the BA005/6 many times in past but not for a a couple of years.

Just looking on BA web site and can see no First option. Am I going nuts or have BA canned First on LHR-NAR? I know for sure I've done that routing in First a few times but cannot see any direct flight with an F option.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: Confirmed
Since you mentioned BA5 I assume it’s Tokyo Narita (NRT)?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:46 am

Most European flights from Tokyo has been moved back to Haneda which is much closer to the city. BA operates a 77W which does have F. BA7/8

The NRT one is usually a 789.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by SKRan
It's certainly not NAR (Puerto Nare, Colombia), as BA doesn't fly there.

On EF, LHR-NRT shows F being offered in both the current season and in NW 2019/20. So I don't know what the OP has been looking at, other than (at a guess) just looking for pricing and seeing nothing because the flights have no availability. Specific dates, if the OP's prepared to post them, would help with the answer.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:58 am

Return fare is around £9000 in F to either airport in October.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Narita is switching to 788 with no First cabin for part of next year

BTW it defeats the object of using airport codes if you get them wrong, better to just write the words
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Apols yes, type on my part
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Most European flights from Tokyo has been moved back to Haneda which is much closer to the city. BA operates a 77W which does have F. BA7/8

The NRT one is usually a 789.
Blimey, has clearly been a while since I did that trip .... have only ever been into Narita. Many thanks for advising and explaining the options. That changes things considerably and for the better,
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
It's certainly not NAR (Puerto Nare, Colombia), as BA doesn't fly there.

On EF, LHR-NRT shows F being offered in both the current season and in NW 2019/20. So I don't know what the OP has been looking at, other than (at a guess) just looking for pricing and seeing nothing because the flights have no availability. Specific dates, if the OP's prepared to post them, would help with the answer.
Was exactly as you mention .... a ba look up done quickly. I looked in May and June. I can't say as I even knew of the other option. Very useful. Used to do that route every year for a long time but not since 2012 thinking on. Thanks for the steer ... would have also helped had I got the right code.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Narita is switching to 788 with no First cabin for part of next year
Another reason to ditch flying to NRT @:-)
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Blimey, has clearly been a while since I did that trip .... have only ever been into Narita. Many thanks for advising and explaining the options. That changes things considerably and for the better,
I would say HND is better in every aspect of NRT. I don’t like sitting in a bus or navigate the complex Japanese train system. But the monorail ride to HND feels even relaxing, for the view of Tokyo bay. Or a quick taxi ride without much traffic delays.

Enjoy your time in Tokyo.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 1:43 am
Original Poster

I would say HND is better in every aspect of NRT. I don’t like sitting in a bus or navigate the complex Japanese train system. But the monorail ride to HND feels even relaxing, for the view of Tokyo bay. Or a quick taxi ride without much traffic delays.

Enjoy your time in Tokyo.
100% agree that, NRT never had much to offer except for access to a great city. Didn't find the trains so complex having done a good few times, but the time lost .. totally agree. And it's easy to say that I guess if you had a few runs at it. Doing the first time? I can't remember but feel sure it would be challenging once off the express and into Shinjuku. You paint a far more attractive picture of HND which I will be taking for sure. Appreciated.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
On BA NRT does offer more attractive timings for leisure travellers in particular - the HND service is a early morning arrival in Tokyo and an earlyish departure on the return.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Atacama40
100% agree that, NRT never had much to offer except for access to a great city. Didn't find the trains so complex having done a good few times, but the time lost .. totally agree. And it's easy to say that I guess if you had a few runs at it. Doing the first time? I can't remember but feel sure it would be challenging once off the express and into Shinjuku. You paint a far more attractive picture of HND which I will be taking for sure. Appreciated.
I’m on my final night of a three night trip to Tokyo, having been lured by the flight times to NRT. But had I realised quite how far out it was I’d have thought twice. Being totally new to the culture and city it certainly wasn’t easy working out the trains. Least at the airport there’s plenty of English fluent staff to help. On the way back not so sure...we’ll see how the morning goes! Least the one hour move back of the flight adds some contingency...
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by stevebintley
I’m on my final night of a three night trip to Tokyo, having been lured by the flight times to NRT. But had I realised quite how far out it was I’d have thought twice. Being totally new to the culture and city it certainly wasn’t easy working out the trains. Least at the airport there’s plenty of English fluent staff to help. On the way back not so sure...we’ll see how the morning goes! Least the one hour move back of the flight adds some contingency...
There may be a limousine bus from your hotel or near it if you want to check out. Also think about the 3 options - Keisei skyliner if you are near ueno, JR East Narita Express if you are on the Yamanote line or take a through train on asakusa line.

I use an app for this - but it only supports japanese
stevebintley likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.