Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Due to restriction on ba.com, you must be a passenger to make this booking with Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Due to restriction on ba.com, you must be a passenger to make this booking with Avios

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily

My wife was trying to book an Avios reward for me alone and got this message.

Her name is prefilled and not changeable. I don't want to waste 30-45 min and deal with a rep.

What changed? Never had this problem.

Is she still able to book me alone if I call in?

How can I get it back to normal? My account has no such nonsense and I can fill in who I want to book the award for.

Why is her account afflicted like this?

Due to restriction on ba.com, you must be a passenger to make this booking with Avios.

To make this booking for someone else, please contact your local Executive Club service center
Old Sep 29, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Perhaps adding you to her friends and family list (though once you make a change there’s only a 48 hours for other changes before a 6 month freeze)
Old Sep 29, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
My wife was trying to book an Avios reward for me alone and got this message.

Her name is prefilled and not changeable. I don't want to waste 30-45 min and deal with a rep.

What changed? Never had this problem.

Is she still able to book me alone if I call in?

How can I get it back to normal? My account has no such nonsense and I can fill in who I want to book the award for.

Why is her account afflicted like this?

Due to restriction on ba.com, you must be a passenger to make this booking with Avios.

To make this booking for someone else, please contact your local Executive Club service center
Yep, check friends and family list.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
tried to add to friends and family and it said i have to create a household account first

tried to do that and nothing happened

i think the account is cursed
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:30 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Is it a new Avios account and/or has she recently transferred a substantial amount from Chase/AMEX?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.