Search

Strike claims - hotels and meals

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Strike claims - hotels and meals

Hi,

When claiming out of pocket expenses for hotels, meals and so on, do I just navigate to the complaints section and fill out the comments box with the uploads button below?

How are others itemising out receipts? Just uploading in bulk and then making a claim for the total? I have a few meals where we ended up eating with other people and so I'm only claiming for part of the receipt.

Also...I had to extend our car hire and so think I should be able to put in a claim for the extended days (2 - about $50 a day)

Thanks
A
Old Sep 29, 2019, 2:28 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm not sure where you've got to, but the place to claim out of pocket expenses is here:

ba.com/delay

or navigate to here (location may change in the future):
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...s/compensation

Certainly put in for the car hire, but it may be judged to be consequential losses and thus for own account, unless there are other factors involved.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
BA declined to pay my extra day car hire of euro 13 so ime they won’t pay for that and they limited my food claim to £25 each for the day’s delay. There is a comments section where you can add extra detail when you submit if you want to clarify the meal receipts.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:59 am

I had this and it was approved without issue.

I attached three things to the claim:
  • Credit card receipt print out detailing the amount I paid in local currency
  • Itemised receipt with a tick next to the items I am claiming for (which correspond to the Credit Card Receipt)
  • My UK Bank statement detailing the amount I paid in GBP with charges etc.
I claimed in GBP based on the bank statement, and all were approved.

On a side - I provided bank information on Wednesday 25th and received confirmation on Thursday 26th the funds were being transferred. Does anyone know how long they should take to reach me? Checked this morning and they're not here still.

All in all, happy with the process considering I only submitted on 17th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.