Wiki Posts
Search

Bronze ticket - for mediocre service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2019, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Bronze ticket - for mediocre service

BA provide the opportunity for some of us to provide their staff golden tickets for great service.

I'd like the chance to provide a 'bronze ticket' to the crew leader on BA2036 for mediocre /sloppy service that doesn't quite reach the level of needing a complaint.

So, for example, asked for my order for food / water / wine last night in club world by the cabin service manager. Not addressed by name (most times I am as are all the other passengers in CW) but that's OK I'm not a DYKWIA and I got an effusive gold greeting two weeks back flying in CE from HEL which will last me for a while. The food was delivered OK, but no wine / water as ordered. I was then eventually asked by the crew member if I wanted anything to drink...

I filled out the breakfast menu. When it arrived the orange juice was missing.

I know the crew are mostly there for your safety, but they didn't properly check my seat was in the proper landing position (I did that myself a couple of minutes before landing). For those of you who know, there's a green light above the seat that only comes on when the seat is properly set for takeoff / landing which is easy for the crew to check.

CW (and the rest of the plane) were half empty so no real excuse.

Being British I didn't complain about these minor annoyances; perhaps I'm too used to the inconsistency; should I bother writing a report to BA or am I wasting my time ?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
You should definitely provide feedback to BA. There's no point griping about poor service on here. It may be cathartic but it won't lead to any sort of improvement if BA don't know and can't remediate it through retraining etc.
jerseytom and thomas164 like this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 11:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by firstlight
Being British I didn't complain about these minor annoyances; perhaps I'm too used to the inconsistency; should I bother writing a report to BA or am I wasting my time ?
Had you mentioned this politely to the CSM on board, it would have taken less time than it took to type all the above, and would have been more effective / made a bigger difference than either an internet or Customer Relations complaint. That said it appears to amount to not having your name used, a slight delay on wine, a missing orange juice and admittedly the more serious issue of the seat not being secured for landing, which was fortunately self resolved.

This was MCO to LGW for the benefit of those of us.....
Old Sep 27, 2019, 12:14 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Had there been no bar service before Dinner? You make it sound as though this was the first interaction that you had with the crew. What is the call bell for? I think that C-W-S has said it al. What has being British got to do with anything?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
didn't want to compain but you came here to do exactly that.

You don't need any validation from people on here to complain direct to BA so just do it
Talking Penguin and flygirl68 like this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
...This was MCO to LGW for the benefit of those of us.....
Orlando and Gatwick for the benefit of us ....

...sorry couldn’t resist...
Old Sep 27, 2019, 12:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by fruitcage
Orlando and Gatwick for the benefit of us ....

...sorry couldn’t resist...
Oh I am a total hypocrite, I do expect all FTers to memorise all the airport codes on BA's network (after all, there are only 200+ of them....) but flight numbers rarely click for me.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Had you mentioned this politely to the CSM on board, it would have taken less time than it took to type all the above, and would have been more effective / made a bigger difference than either an internet or Customer Relations complaint. That said it appears to amount to not having your name used, a slight delay on wine, a missing orange juice and admittedly the more serious issue of the seat not being secured for landing, which was fortunately self resolved.

This was MCO to LGW for the benefit of those of us.....
Thanks, in my opinion, the SCCM was the problem, but I appreciate the feedback. BA tries to put processes in place to ensure consistency of service (eg writing down orders) but some crews don't seem to give a damn; others do their very best (e.g. with understaffing on very full flights).

I'm not convinced that complaining to a poor team leader would change their behaviour. Talking to the SCCM about these relatively minor issues would make me too much like a DYKWIA, given I would have had to interrupt the crew chat at the front of the plane. I'm not looking for avios or a medal for hardship (which I did not suffer) more a comment on inconsistency.

Given the helpful feedback from this thread it seems the best course is to contact customer relations.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Oh I am a total hypocrite, I do expect all FTers to memorise all the airport codes on BA's network (after all, there are only 200+ of them....) but flight numbers rarely click for me.
About time you put some effort in. There are clear patterns and not that many combinations.
Expecting better of cws!
Old Sep 27, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by LCY8737
About time you put some effort in. There are clear patterns and not that many combinations.
Expecting better of cws!
Genuine and off topic question, what are the patterns? I'd like to learn.
jerseytom likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
Genuine and off topic question, what are the patterns? I'd like to learn.
Perhaps of interest: BA Flight Numbers
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I can certainly relate with this experience. Not flying much in CW it is something of a treat. Last time, TATL westbound, it was a rather mediocre meal service. Yes, tbe CC were pleasant enough, but one slightly filled glass kof wine with meal.... then no one in sight until clearing up then a brim full glass. No tea or coffee afterwards. Mrs CKBA did get an email survey which we duly filled out - with very specific comments. No follow up (which I have had before): no doubt ended up on the ditigal trash pile.

Maybe they should put one of those silly smilly face buttons on the way out... :-)
mikem004 and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If as you say you're a regular CW flyer and this was a one off negative experience then I'd forget about it. It may not have been great but it wasn't that bad either.
firstlight likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Expecting better of cws!
Memorising - or even wanting to memorise - flight numbers is one of the things that separates aviation enthusiasts from mere frequent flyers. I know the two I take very frequently - BA8490 and BA8495 - but beyond that I'd be very hard-pressed to identify more than BA1 and BA2.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it useful when a poster specifies the route as well as the flight number.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Given the helpful feedback from this thread it seems the best course is to contact customer relations.
Be surprised if they actually respond. In the past their contact centre has offered nothing other than an unrelated copy and pasted careless email. Over the phone, if you don't get a plate of sarcasm you'll be lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.