Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Gold Member gets no Avios for the same complain than his fellow passenger.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Me and my travel companion complaint to British Airways Customer Relations about the unacceptable service we received on board a BA in First. My travel companion received 10.000 Avios as service recovery for the complaint and I got for the same issue nothing, apart from a short letter to thank me for the feedback.
No Avios for an expensive First flight that was unacceptable and outrageously bad.
How would you response to this?
Is there a reason for treating customers differently?

I guess my Corporate Individual Value (CIV) score must be low to get no Service Recovery Avios?
My current Tier is above 2500 and I am really upset that BA treats me not equal to the other passengers.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It's difficult to opine about complaints that contain no details at all, but if you're really upset, there are other fish in the sea.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
I would consider 10,000 Avios nothing compensation when it came to an "expensive First flight". I received 7,000 once for no Club Europe catering on a 1 hour Dublin to London. So I'd say the 10,000 your friend got was a token amount.

Agents also have discretion as to what they offer. One person is different to another. I also imagine you both wrote your complaints differently. There are many factors as to why your friend may have got compensation and you didn't.

Either way, you shouldn't be upset or worried about it. It is what it is!
flightdoctor and jerseytom like this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Were you on separate bookings? If so, probably worth nicely complaining about the difference in treatment and name dropping your friend.

May get you your 10k Avios in the same amounrt of time it took you to post this thread.
dodgeflyer and flightdoctor like this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Have you complained before?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I have complaint and I also gave positive feedback in the past.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:50 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

On my last TATL, there was a two hour flight delay due to BA picking a gate at LHR which could not handle an A380 properly (only one doorway), I complained and got nothing. I was on a paid business ticket.

Since the delay was due to BA negligence, everyone on the flight should have received at least a little compensation. even if it was just a refreshment certificate for those not eligible for the club. They did nothing. The response I got that just says "we thank you for your input and will consider how to improve in the future" really comes across more as insulting than sincere.

I have bought enough to qualify for gold next year for the first time. I am now wondering if that was a waste. This is not my first bad experience with BA and I am beginning to think that BA offers nothing better than my former preferred carrier, United.
flightdoctor and jerseytom like this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

I did. Just waiting for a response.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by flightdoctor
My travel companion received 10.000 Avios as service recovery for the complaint and I got for the same issue nothing, apart from a short letter to thank me for the feedback.
What compensation did your feedback request? Customer Relations seems to perform better when there is a clear ask (15,000 avios, etc.) then not...
I'd blame this on different operator and not take look at it as a deliberate act against you.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

You might be right. I haven't asked a specific amount, but I will do it in future. Thank you for the good advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.