Wiki Posts
Search

GUF2 - changing destination?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2019, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
GUF2 - changing destination?

I booked a F GUF2 for my parents who sadly now cannot travel. If I cancel the booking, I understand I’ll lose my voucher as it’s expired?

However, BA have told me I can change the booking for £35 each. As part of this, can I change the destination?

All subject to award availability of course....

Thanks
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Within the same zone, yes.

How long has it been expired for? If within the last 6 months, you can probably get it extended (assuming it hasn't already been!).
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Thanks for your reply. Frustratingly, I'm now being told that the ticket can only be exchanged for another flight within a year of when it was initially issued. Is this accurate? I booked quite far in advance and we're near the travel date - there is practically zero chance of being able to find F Avios availability between now and then.

I didn't know this was a thing? I thought I'd be able to rebook within the calendar of flights on sale?

Hope this makes sense...and I'm hoping it was an agent who is mis-informed

PS: Voucher was already extended and expired at the beginning of this year
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, that's a thing. Note you'd only have to fly the outbound portion - you can fly the return flight within a year of the outbound flight.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by tom139
Thanks for your reply. Frustratingly, I'm now being told that the ticket can only be exchanged for another flight within a year of when it was initially issued. Is this accurate? I booked quite far in advance and we're near the travel date - there is practically zero chance of being able to find F Avios availability between now and then.

I didn't know this was a thing? I thought I'd be able to rebook within the calendar of flights on sale?

Hope this makes sense...and I'm hoping it was an agent who is mis-informed

PS: Voucher was already extended and expired at the beginning of this year
As noted by BA6501, the agent is correct.
From the BA Conditions of Carriage:

3b) Ticket validity period

3b1) Unless it says differently on the ticket, in these conditions of carriage, or in any tariffs which apply, a ticket is valid for travel for:
  • one year from the date it is issued or
  • one year from the date you first travelled using the ticket, as long as your first flight took place within a year of the ticket being issued.
You can find the conditions of carriage under the Legal tab at the bottom of the page at ba.com. This is a common provision across carriers.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Sep 27, 2019 at 6:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.