Search

Urgent problem with BA flight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Urgent problem with BA flight

I was booked MUC-LHR-KWI, my MUC-LHR was cancelled and BA put me on the last MUC-LHR flight instead of one of the earlier ones. Now it's delayed and I am going to miss my connection to KWI. I am on hold with BA. Can I request to rebooked on a non-partner from MUC to KWI? I need to be in Kuwait tomorrow morning and this was an award ticket. BA have totally screwed this up. Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You can only get rebooked on a non-oneworld flight at the airport. The phone agent won't be able to do that for you. Unfortunately the weather in and around LHR has not been good today and there have been lots of delays and cancellations.

I assume you are looking at the EY and EK options?

Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Yes, you may make the request. BA is not obligated to rebook on other carriers. Be certain to have the specific carriers and flight numbers you want handy. The easier you make this, the better your chances.

If not, BA will either provide or reimburse your hotel and meals and, if the cancellation / delay was not for extraordinary circumstances, EUR 600 in cash (equivalent).
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Where are you now?

If you're at the airport they can book you onto BA 961 which departs at 1850 local time (50 minutes away?)

LH2482 departs Munich at 19:45 (a: 20:45) which is within the MCT for your 21:55 departure (albeit tight).
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
As well as above mentioned EY & EK options - there is also a single change Oman Air flight that looks wide open:

WY 124 MUC MCT 2215#0640
WY 641 MCT KWI 0750 0900
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Where are you now?

If you're at the airport they can book you onto BA 961 which departs at 1850 local time (50 minutes away?)

LH2482 departs Munich at 19:45 (a: 20:45) which is within the MCT for your 21:55 departure (albeit tight).
The OP is doing MUC-LHR-KWI not LHR-MUC-KWI
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Where are you now?

I’m on 961 it’s delayed
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Qatar Platinum
Also check if there’s any QR options, as for a rebook for me they seemed very flexible to book onto Qatar.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
The OP is doing MUC-LHR-KWI not LHR-MUC-KWI
I think those MUC-LHR flights Sam Bee mentions both get the OP in to LHR in enough time to make the original LHR-KWI flight though.

EDIT: maybe not! as noted BA961 delayed.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I was booked MUC-LHR-KWI, my MUC-LHR was cancelled and BA put me on the last MUC-LHR flight instead of one of the earlier ones. Now it's delayed and I am going to miss my connection to KWI. I am on hold with BA. Can I request to rebooked on a non-partner from MUC to KWI? I need to be in Kuwait tomorrow morning and this was an award ticket. BA have totally screwed this up. Thanks.
I'm struggling to understand this one.

The last BA flight (957) is showing an 11 min delay. Even if were on schedule (2205) it would arrive after the departure of the BA157 to KWI (2155). Perhaps you're not booked on the BA flight to KWI?

Why did you not ask to be rebooked onto one of the earlier flights? The 1850 still has space if you're at the airport now? The 1245 is the one that was cancelled. It would have been prudent to either travel on the 1615, 1850 or 2020.

The original cancellation was due to weather. If the delays today are due to weather then I don't see how this is BA's fault. The OP should take some responsibility here and chosen to be rebooked on an earlier flight.

EDIT: The OP stated that travel was on the last flight not the BA961.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The usual rule of thumb is if you are ok to be booked on BA metal throughout, then call up. It wouldn't be surprising if this made you 24 hours late into Kuwait.

If you want other airlines to be offered, you best go to the airport. It may be that MUC is unable to help but it's possible they will offer services from MUC, FRA or VIE, but LHR certainly will offer other airlines too.

As ever, it really helps if you know what your plan B looks like (BA or otherwise, fastest or better quality) and put your preference to agents for them to resolve. Otherwise they will do the first thing that shows up on their screen.

Don't worry too much, one way or the other you will get to Kuwait. The weather has been unusually bad today, I've had quite a few problems too.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Theoretically rebooked on EY, headed to T2 w my new ticket #s
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
BA have totally screwed this up. Thanks.
Theoretically rebooked on EY, headed to T2 w my new ticket #s
How about "BA has totally fixed this! Thanks BA."
Globaliser, ens100 and Nephoi like this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm guessing that BA refused to put the OP onto one of the earlier flights to LHR because they didn't have award space, even though that shouldn't matter if the cancellation occurred on the day of departure. Still, I don't know why he/she accepted such a flight that would surely cause the connection to be missed.

Assuming that OP's passport doesn't cause issues with some of the connections suggested above, IMO the best strategy would be to ask for specific flights at the airport. Hopefully there isn't a checked bag that must be retrieved. Also, BTW, OP says it's an award ticket but doesn't mention specifically whether Avois or miles of some partner were used. That could cause further complications. In the worst case, maybe this will ultimately become a trip in vain, so the OP might want to check T&Cs of the ticketing carrier.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by Stephenk82
Also check if there’s any QR options, as for a rebook for me they seemed very flexible to book onto Qatar.
Also Royal Jordanian would be an easy rebook.

Edit: Seems Op got sorted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.