Wiki Posts
Search

LON - SYD Ex Eu

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2019, 8:06 am
Original Poster

LON - SYD Ex Eu

Hi All,

Long time lurker and looking for some help please. Am looking to book Lon - Syd for next feb, dates flexible second half of feb onwards for two weeks. Have played around with ITA Matrix and no results are coming up, would anyone be able to assist please?

Many thanks
Old Sep 21, 2019, 8:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk, and welcome to the BA forum Hoppo966, it's good to see you here, and hopefully we can resolve your issue here. I hope you will continue to be active too.

Now there is a thread on how to find a good BA fare, it's one of the components of the BA Forum Dashboard, and when you get a moment it is worth skimming down the list of items there. It will give you a good view of where to find information. The specific thread I am referring to is:
Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

and in it there are some ITA Matrix screens that can help. If you have to leave from London and only really interested in BA aircraft then Find Our Cheapest Fare on BA.com is frankly as good as any other tool to get you started. What I would suggest, since this is going to be a big purchasing decision, is once you have found something vaguely interesting, put down the fare and dates in the thread above and others will check it for you and perhaps find some interesting alternatives for you to consider.

I have just done a quick query on 17 February out, 26 February back, and I'm able to see BA and many other airlines' fares. If you want a cheap date for flying, and assuming a 12 day stay, then the 20 and 22 February are good to consider for the outbound. And doubtless cheaper options will exist from the Nordics and other locations.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Hi CWS, thanks for your reply. Happy with pretty much most one world carriers. Specifically BA or Qatar. I’ll have a skim through the threads and try again. Happy to leave from most European destinations. Would be looking for business class.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: BA gold
It might be worth considering CX too, I've noticed fares were quite a bit cheaper than their usual levels due to current political issues in HKG - certainly they were in Y cabins and may also affect the premium cabin fares too.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Remember if you find an Emirates segment with a QF code, so long as you book it as the QF code then you can credit to BAEC.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Hoppo966
Hi CWS, thanks for your reply. Happy with pretty much most one world carriers. Specifically BA or Qatar. I’ll have a skim through the threads and try again. Happy to leave from most European destinations. Would be looking for business class.
There are a few good fares in the last 3-4 pages of that thread, and I think a couple in the premium fare deal (look in the dashboard as well)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.