Wiki Posts
Search

BA and Bookings.com / Airbnb

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Unhappy BA and Bookings.com / Airbnb

Could someone let me know when BA started it's relationship with Bookings.com and Airbnb...
I would like to calculate how many Avios I missed out on, so that I can then flagellate myself with this accurate assessment...Chris
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: BA GGL
The AirBnB integration started on 18th June this year. Here's the announcement on BA.com: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...0with%20Airbnb
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Just recieved my Avios for my recent AirBnB booking, was surprised by how many I got. I was expecting 1 Avios per as stated in the headline text:

Collect 3 Avios per 1/€1/$1 spend and if you haven’t stayed with us before we'll give you 500 Avios as a welcome bonus too.
When I recieved about 1.25x more Avios than I had expected I looked in the T&Cs and saw the following:

5. The collection rate of Avios for Airbnb bookings is 3 Avios per 1 / $1 / €1 spend. The Avios award will be based on USD value.
Nice to have that small bonus.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:53 pm

How long does it normally take for the avios from these bookings to appear in your account
Old Oct 29, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
I missed out on the initial AirB&B announcement as well, but noted on my recent statement that the BA Chase Visa gives 2 Avios per $ spend to include AirB&B, so all was not lost!

2 Avios per $1 - Earn 2 Avios for every $1 spent on hotel accommodations when booked directly with the hotel, and 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases

Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Tomallen123
How long does it normally take for the avios from these bookings to appear in your account
I only have one so cannot say in general, but:

Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I only have one so cannot say in general, but:

Was that one month after you booked or after you stayed?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by HSR1234
Was that one month after you booked or after you stayed?
One month after booked. Stay was 11-13 October.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:22 am

Just another data point for Airbnb - booked October 5 and got Avios credited on November 18 for stay in June next year.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC
Anyone got experience with cancellations on AirBnB bookings and Avios being awarded? Had to cancel a number of bookings in light of Covid-19 (all booked around 5+ months ago).

Cancelled about 2/3 weeks ago but Avios points credited still remain in my account - should I expect for these to vanish sometime soon?
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old May 1, 2020, 10:25 am

Sorry for bumping; just wondered if anyone had any experience of this; even in regular times. It's been a few weeks now and still the points remain.
Old May 13, 2020, 10:02 am

Been about six weeks now and still nothing removed from my BAEC account - any one else had AirBNB points removed after cancelling lately?
Old May 13, 2020, 10:16 am

Programs: BA GGL
Just to stop you from repeatedly bumping this: they probably won't get removed, but they might, it's impossible to say. I have cancelled reservations the avios for which are still in my account.

But if you're looking for a way to game the system, I would suggest that making a habit of earning avios from high-value AirBnB transactions that you later cancel, you might expect BA to close your account, points and all.
Old May 13, 2020, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by armouredant
Just to stop you from repeatedly bumping this: they probably won't get removed, but they might, it's impossible to say. I have cancelled reservations the avios for which are still in my account.

But if you're looking for a way to game the system, I would suggest that making a habit of earning avios from high-value AirBnB transactions that you later cancel, you might expect BA to close your account, points and all.
Thanks and was just genuinely interested as Im sure many others are in a similar boat.

As stated in my earlier post Had to cancel a number of bookings in light of Covid-19 (all booked around 5+ months ago). - had intended to undertake all of these trips; had a little thing called Covid not got in the way.. so certainly not trying to game the system thank you very much...
Old May 13, 2020, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
I still have Avios for a number of prepaid Hotels.com bookings that were subsequently Covid'ed and cancelled by the hotel.

I'm expecting them to disappear at some point, but I guess they have other things to worry about at the moment and they'll sweep them all back eventually.
londonba2014 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.