Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2019, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flying Yazata
When HEL freezes over do

Confirmed
Calchas, chris1979, gadgetgal, JB7, jfallesen, KARFA, Last20, lost_in_translation, offshore_bob, S_W_S, Cymro, nomadic.relief, Swissbobby, snaxmuppet (+1), AnttiV (+1)

Waitlisted

Snowball's chance

To HEL ...
Friday 31 Jan
BA 721 (From GVA to LHR) Swissbobby

BA 794 Calchas, gadgetgal, JB7, jfallesen, nomadic.relief, snaxmuppet (+1)
AY 1362 S_W_S

Saturday 01 Feb
BA 794 Swissbobby, Pacenotes +1, Pgoodall + Mrs G
AY1332 Lost_in_translation
AY1402 Cymro

... and back
Sunday 02 Feb
BA 799 Calchas, gadgetgal, JB7, jfallesen, snaxmuppet (+1), Swissbobby, Pacenotes +1, Pgoodall + MrsG
AY1337 Lost_in_translation
AY 1365 S_W_S
AY1405 Cymro

BA 736 (From LHR to GVA) Swissbobby

Friday night at LHR
Sheraton(Heathrow) Swissbobby
Moxy jfallesen

We've reserved a special place in HEL
Hilton Helsinki Strand Calchas, JB7, jfallesen, S_W_S, snaxmuppet (+1), Swissbobby, nomadic.relief, Cymro, Pgoodall(+Mrs G)
Hotel Katajanokka lost_in_translation, Pacenotes

Print Wikipost

Mini do: Helsinki, 31 Jan to 02 Feb, 2020

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:39 pm

Hmmm, interesting timing ... I am due to be in Europe around then with no concrete plans and I've always wanted to go to HEL.

Will definitely keep this on my radar!!
Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by florens
Not sure you guys want cistavoda around! You will have to endure heavy drinking for 48 hours and will suffer from a massive hangover!

I speak from experience.
Yes but this is Finland, heavy drinking is the social norm as you know We can just leave cistavoda in Kallio if need be haha!
florens likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
What a coincidence. Perhaps I should head to Helsinki by car, coach or train to see how you chaps sustain the weather, while pointing and snickering.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
I was already booked on the 2nd Feb flight so shall see you lot on board!
Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold,Amex Plat & BA, MR Plat, HH Diamond, accor Gold
Quick question as I was looking at booking these flights as it would allow me to obtain my gold upgrade voucher. It looks like I can only book BA flight and not Finnair. If I do same day change, can I move it onto Finnair like I do with Iberia with the Madrid flights. Thank you.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by christianBA
Quick question as I was looking at booking these flights as it would allow me to obtain my gold upgrade voucher. It looks like I can only book BA flight and not Finnair. If I do same day change, can I move it onto Finnair like I do with Iberia with the Madrid flights. Thank you.
Yes, the sale fare is BA flights only I am afraid. SDC should only be between BA metal flights so moving to AY isn't included in that.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold,Amex Plat & BA, MR Plat, HH Diamond, accor Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, the sale fare is BA flights only I am afraid. SDC should only be between BA metal flights so moving to AY isn't included in that.
I’ve never had any issue moving my Madrid flights onto an Iberia flight with a BA code, however I will just stick to the BA flight and if I can change it then great.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I’ve never had any issue moving my Madrid flights onto an Iberia flight with a BA code, however I will just stick to the BA flight and if I can change it then great.
That route is a bit odd though - I think there are IB flight operating under prime BA flight numbers for example. I wouldn't try to extrapolate on the basis of that route. By all means try and report back if you manage it, but people in the know have posted on here to say it's BA metal only for SDC,
Cymro likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:17 am

I tried to SDC my HEL flight to an AY one last weekend with no success - it wasn't an option in the app.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:44 pm

Well I'm in, at least as far as a flight LHR-HEL gets me!

Still undecided on how to get back to Canada, but that's sorta irrelevant (that INV-YVR deal is mighty tempting, but booking long haul OW feels so strange to me).
Calchas and TedToToe like this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I shall be there
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
just booked on this one wiki updated

SB
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold HH Gold
I too find my self in Hel that weekend staying at the Hilton (tier point collection year ends Feb 8th!) I do however have the other half with me who already considers my Flyertalk interactions odd so not sure introducing her to real FT’ers will help my case😄
Old Dec 20, 2019, 6:57 am
JB7

Finally getting around to adding my particulars to the wiki for this one. It should be brrrrrrilliant
Old Dec 20, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I’ve had an early 2020 TP run approved by Mrs T so, put me down as a definite maybe! PUCCI GALORE would be proud!
Calchas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.