Wiki Posts
Search

Expensive flights from LGW to VRN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Expensive flights from LGW to VRN

I travel on the above route a couple of times a year, usually in June, the BA economy fare is normally around £60 per journey. I’ve booked a hotel next year in August 2020 in Garda, when I went to book the BA flights for this they totalled around £1,400 for two people return. Is this fare so expensive because I’m booking so early and I should wait a few months, or is there another reason such as August is an expensive month? I haven't booked it yet as, if it’s a firm price, I’ll fly instead to say Milan and catch a train to Verona (or another route someone might suggest). Thank you.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Give a while to the fare buckets to sort themselves out.
KARFA, alex67500 and Cymro like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
That price books into J, the most expensive CE fare bucket.

If you look at the cheapest fares section of the App, you can see that BA have only loaded J for Jul and Aug 20. The usual selection of fares are available up to and including Jun 20. You can keep checking the app to see when the cheaper fares are loaded.
Derek100 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Have you got enough Avios to do the trip as an award? If so, you might want to check for award availability, because one thing that I have noticed is that sometimes there is availability on these flights even though there are no cheaper cash booking class seats to be had.
Derek100 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Booking too early
Derek100 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:00 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Booking too early
That's what I thought - however flight to Venice are 1/3 the price. I see that on VRN only J and Y have been loaded - whereas some VCE flights have and some have not!

I tend therefore to agree that it is a tad early and that they will load them in a couple of months time.
Derek100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.