Search

BA39 29 Dec flight duration

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2019, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
BA39 29 Dec flight duration

Hi All

I have just booked onto BA39 to Beijing on 29 Dec in F. In my booking the outbound flight duration is showing as over 18 hours. Is this an error or is it something to do with it being a 787-9?

Thanks
Old Sep 10, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Error
Old Sep 10, 2019, 3:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It should be just over 10 hours. I suspect some error in setting up the new airport on ba.com means it isn’t taking in to account the 8 hour time difference.
MNMAA likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
Google flights manages to show it fine, just BA's typical rubbish IT
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: BAEC
If you wanted to be cheeky, take a screen capture of the scheduled time of the flight, and then after flying submit a ORC for the missing avois (18 hour flight being shortened to 10 hours).

"I was shocked and saddened that your premium onboard offering was cut short recently when my scheduled 18hr flight to Beijing was unceremoniously curtailed at 10 hours and I arrived in China 8 hours before I was due to be there. Has BA invented some kind of time travel? I was even more distraught when my avios statement came though and I had only been credited for a 10 hour flight, clearly to be dealt the initial blow of a shortened flight was bad enough but to now be short changed on the avois compared to what was scheduled was even worse.... I would be grateful if you could consider an adjustment of my avois balance to include a couple of circuits of the artic circle to reinstate my rewards back to an 18 hour flight"

Include an emoji in your claim
mjuler and EDIwanderer like this.

Last edited by plunet; Sep 11, 2019 at 1:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.