Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A bit urgent - flying today - might need to change a 2-4-1 flight due to illness

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A bit urgent - flying today - might need to change a 2-4-1 flight due to illness

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Must admit I wouldn't fly that length of flight if it were me. Your health is far more important than any holiday...even your honeymoon.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:23 am

Whether it will be possible to change and whether should change seems moot since the flight booked would seem to have already departed
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:26 am

So, wondering what the OP did. Does the silence suggest they did travel? Will we ever find out?!
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
I flew home in F from HKG-LHR-INV 12 hours after leaving hospital post-op for a broken wrist. Even though I'd a fit-to-fly note, I have to say it wasnt the most enjoyable experience I wanted it to be, having looked forward to it for so long.

One thing in favour of the journey was the bed. It was the best night's sleep on an o/n long haul. Tramadol obviously helped!
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by mario
How is an acute illness not unusual and unforeseeable? The mind boggles...
Well...given all the unusual things folks claim are not "unusual or unforeseeablel" where EC261 is concerned (volcanic eruptions IIRC) one can hardly blame airlines for adopting a similarly generous interpretation surely??
Andriyko likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Really sorry to hear about this, but I have a possible solution. I've got a joker expiring in November which I'm not going to be able to use. After a little behind the scenes discussion, I think I can use this on behalf of anyone in my travelling companions list, and under the circumstances I'd be happy to do that. And thereby to open up availability over the next few days so you can shift your booking.

This does depend on whether this is possible under BAEC rules, and I need to invoke @corporate-wage-slave to ask how this might work.

If the principle works, we can move over to DMs to make the arrangements.
I have only just managed to catch up with everything to get to a point that I can check this thread. This offer is unbelievable and I feel awful for not seeing it before now. Thank you thank you thank you.

To cut a long story short, we flew.

Later in the afternoon, the doctor seemed ok with my wife's state and was happy for us to not 'use' the letter previously supplied. It was a sedate flight for all involved, and was more about us being able to get to Chile, rather than enjoying the experience of the the F cabin. Crew on board were wonderful, cabin was lovely and my wife was able to get in a decent 12 hour sleep.

Insurance would only cover us to £5k pp, which would mean travelling in Y or PE at best, and unleashing all sorts of issues with protecting our return, etc etc.

We're now on stop 1 of our honeymoon, and I will now attempt to read the rest of this thread.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:23 pm

Glad to hear it. Enjoy. ^
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Hopefully your wife recovers well and you can enjoy your honeymoon together. May you have a long, wonderful life together.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 3:27 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by rapidex
Congratulations on your marriage. My sympathies for your wife.
You know the OP then?

'andad likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by shadowline
I have only just managed to catch up with everything to get to a point that I can check this thread. This offer is unbelievable and I feel awful for not seeing it before now. Thank you thank you thank you.

To cut a long story short, we flew.

Later in the afternoon, the doctor seemed ok with my wife's state and was happy for us to not 'use' the letter previously supplied. It was a sedate flight for all involved, and was more about us being able to get to Chile, rather than enjoying the experience of the the F cabin. Crew on board were wonderful, cabin was lovely and my wife was able to get in a decent 12 hour sleep.

Insurance would only cover us to £5k pp, which would mean travelling in Y or PE at best, and unleashing all sorts of issues with protecting our return, etc etc.

We're now on stop 1 of our honeymoon, and I will now attempt to read the rest of this thread.
You're on honeymoon, so I'd suggest finding something better to do than read FT!

Congrats to both of you, and may you have a long and happy marriage together.

M
yellow_peril likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.