Search

Praise for CE flight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2019, 5:56 am
formerly known as lady1964
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Praise for CE flight

Too often we complain (sometimes rightly so) about BA flights, crew, cabins etc, etc so I wanted to send some praise for,the crew on the flight we took on 31/8 LGW to Rhodes.
Admittedly we left nearly an hour late but arrived only 30 minutes late, however the crew were great, very friendly, professional and welcoming.
For the first time in a long time of flying BA, I can also praise the food, 3 choices of main which we would’ve eaten any of, narrowed down to one by the time it got to us in row 7 but thankfully it was the main we would’ve chosen. We both really enjoyed our meal and I can’t remember the last time I said that about food on BA!
i even did a tweet to BA about how good it all was 😀
Here’s hoping our return this Saturday is as good 🤞
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by LadyB
Too often we complain (sometimes rightly so) about BA flights, crew, cabins etc, etc so I wanted to send some praise for,the crew on the flight we took on 31/8 LGW to Rhodes.
Admittedly we left nearly an hour late but arrived only 30 minutes late, however the crew were great, very friendly, professional and welcoming.
For the first time in a long time of flying BA, I can also praise the food, 3 choices of main which we would’ve eaten any of, narrowed down to one by the time it got to us in row 7 but thankfully it was the main we would’ve chosen. We both really enjoyed our meal and I can’t remember the last time I said that about food on BA!
I had a similar experience on Sunday back from MAD - despite a 3 hour delay crew were outstanding in every day and incredibly cheerful - food choice and quality was excellent (although I accidentally poured my salad dressing into my chocolate dessert thinking it was caramel sauce
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
thats good to hear! i have done probably 15-20 CE flights this summer, and frankly, i have found each crew to be very good. part of it may be i am almost always in row 1, so always served quickly, and perhaps my tune might be changed in row 9...but it has been remarkable how much they achieve in sometimes such short windows.
Andriyko and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
I've also had pretty good CE experiences over the summer, with the less polished crews being the exception rather than the norm.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Delayed departure, late arrival, 7 rows of CE and no choice of meal = a positive experience on BA now?
86BA7, Obruni Boy, nivsy and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
CE MAN/LHR/ARN this afternoon so hoping for a similar experience OP enjoyed.....
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:16 am

Agreed - I meant to start a similar thread on Saturday after taking the 19:55 LCA-LHR service. We had a great crew, decent food and overall a good flight. Given this is a long service, the crew make a big difference and they ensured all passengers were well looked after.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:02 am
formerly known as lady1964
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Delayed departure, late arrival, 7 rows of CE and no choice of meal = a positive experience on BA now?
is your glass half empty? ��

Last edited by LadyB; Sep 3, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
I intended to start a thread too last week. Suffice to say I was bailed out by BA after being left high and dry by LH in FRA.

Excellent MF CSM - hot / cold towels (as it was very hot) offered pre takeoff, everyone offered refreshments during ground delay, jackets hung, I only booked an hour before so no guaranteed meal but I had a choice between quinoa salad or a leftover AVML. CSM knew the wine choices (3 different types of red) and was present throughout the flight with top ups for those who wanted, and plastic cups for those who wanted a further drink before landing (hasten to add I had 1 beer).

We knock BA but look at what LH served as a meal on their business class TXL-FRA - and no red wine available (only white wine loaded - so not just BA that has catering issues)!

Andriyko and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Did LH only give you a piece of cake?!
Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Did LH only give you a piece of cake?!
Obviously you did not not actually read the post.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
We knock BA but look at what LH served as a meal on their business class TXL-FRA - and no red wine available (only white wine loaded - so not just BA that has catering issues)!
Reading that will cause mini explosions in some people's heads...

Good to hear that you had great experience with BA!

Originally Posted by nivsy
How else could one read IAMORGAN's post?
IAMORGAN and nancypants like this.

Last edited by Andriyko; Sep 3, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:05 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I'll bet that she did. As did I. What she is asking is if all that bit of cake passed as a meal, and I am asking the same thing. Maybe the person whose meal it was can enlighten us.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:12 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by LadyB
Dear Lady,

Good for you. I thoroughly enjoy flying CE which I do regularly out of ALC.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:39 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I did, but it's too surprising... I know LH isn't known for generous portions with short haul catering, but this piece of cake is rather surprising (although admittedly I do see what appears to be a wrapped up long 'bar' of chocolate).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.