Wiki Posts
Search

BA2272/3 Cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Cineworld Unlimited
BA2272/3 Cancellations

Due to fly to NYC on BA2273 on 4th September. However, the flight was cancelled.
BA offered me a range of flights all from LHR. I had already booked my travel to LGW to what extent are BA able to cover compensation for my travel to LHR, if at all.

Thanks
Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Technically, BA is responsible for the cost of you getting from LGW to LHR to make your flight (see Q11 in The 2019 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004 for more details). (Technically, this is not compensation in the sense that the term is used in that law.) I expect that if it makes more sense for you to go directly to LHR at a reasonable cost, BA is likely to pay up. But you don't say where you're starting from or how you were planning to get to LGW, so some more details would help.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:45 am

You could ask for reroute via MCO - Gatwick to Orlando with BA then Orlando to Laguarda with AA
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Technically, BA is responsible for the cost of you getting from LGW to LHR to make your flight (see Q11 in for more details). (Technically, this is not compensation in the sense that the term is used in that law.) I expect that if it makes more sense for you to go directly to LHR at a reasonable cost, BA is likely to pay up. But you don't say where you're starting from or how you were planning to get to LGW, so some more details would help.
Based in London, so would just be going direct to LHR. Had already booked travel to LGW, so would hope they would reimburse those costs and offer to pay for reasonable travel to LHR. Luckily managed to get rebooked on a Newark service. Find it’s easier to get into the city from there!
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by TMHimself
Had already booked travel to LGW, so would hope they would reimburse those costs and offer to pay for reasonable travel to LHR
Unrealistic to expect both
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by caz312
You could ask for reroute via MCO - Gatwick to Orlando with BA then Orlando to Laguarda with AA
Surely it makes more logistic sense to just head for Heathrow than to endure an MCO transfer plus another 2+ hour flight on AA.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by BearX220
Surely it makes more logistic sense to just head for Heathrow than to endure an MCO transfer plus another 2+ hour flight on AA.
*ahem* ... BAEC Tier Points and Avios?
yellow_peril and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Due to fly to NYC on BA2273 on 4th September. However, the flight was cancelled.
BA offered me a range of flights all from LHR. I had already booked my travel to LGW to what extent are BA able to cover compensation for my travel to LHR, if at all.

Thanks
On what date were you notified of the cancellation?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by T8191
*ahem* ... BAEC Tier Points and Avios?
Wise words from an expert Tier Point runner^
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Technically, BA is responsible for the cost of you getting from LGW to LHR to make your flight (see Q11 for more details). (Technically, this is not compensation in the sense that the term is used in that law.) I expect that if it makes more sense for you to go directly to LHR at a reasonable cost, BA is likely to pay up. But you don't say where you're starting from or how you were planning to get to LGW, so some more details would help.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
On what date were you notified of the cancellation?
Yesterday so less than 7 days before the flight.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Based in London, so would just be going direct to LHR. Had already booked travel to LGW, so would hope they would reimburse those costs and offer to pay for reasonable travel to LHR.
What sort of travel is it, then? I can't think of many types of local transfer that wouldn't be flexible enough to take you to LHR instead of LGW, if you were to ask.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

Yesterday so less than 7 days before the flight.
In that case you are likely due €600 per passenger under EC261 in addition to reimbursement of any other additional and necessary expenses incurred. See the main EC261 thread posted above for more information.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by caz312
On the off chance that you're serious, be aware that there is a hurricane headed towards Florida... And that immigration in MCO is a disaster on a good day..
wrp96 and BearX220 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.