Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flight cancelled, website won't let me accept rebooked

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:56 am
Original Poster

BA0132 JED-LHR was cancelled this morning, I had a message last night telling me I had been rebooked onto tomorrow's flight but that I needed to accept this on the website. Every time I try to click through the "Accept" process on the website I get a "Something went wrong message".

I called BA's service line last night and (eventually) was told I'd been booked onto the new flight, he said he'd send through confirmation of this. All I got was an e-mail once again telling me that I'd been booed on a new flight but needed to confirm it through the website. Every time I go to Manage My Booking I get this prompt to "Accept" the new flight, which results in an error, and I can't check in online as a result. I did UuA on the original flight to go from WTP to CW, could this be causing an issue?

I just called BA and spoke to another agent who says everything is fine and to ignore what the website says... anyone had this problem? It's not very reassuring that I have no written confirmation of this flight, in fact all I have is something explicitly telling me that I must Accept it which I'm unable to do!

Many thanks,
Dan

Last edited by DanATC; Aug 29, 2019 at 5:05 am
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
My first suggestion is to look at your booking on the Finnair website and see whether or not it also says that you have a confirmed reservation on tomorrow's flight.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion, it does show up on there. How can an airline the size of BA have such a terrible, terrible website...
Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
You must be new here
Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by DanATC
How can an airline the size of BA have such a terrible, terrible website...
Originally Posted by alex67500
You must be new here
I'd bet that most people here don't use other airlines' websites nearly as often as they use BA's. There are lots of frustrations elsewhere, too. Unfortunately, the truth about websites is that they're really important to us, but they're not critical functions for the airline.

Anyway, in this instance the suggestion was that you look for something on the AY website that is also already being shown to you on the BA website, namely that you have a "confirmed" reservation. That is the important part of the piece. Seeing "confirmed" on both websites was to give you reassurance about that via two different channels, even if the BA website hasn't cleared the flag that's causing that question to be asked.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by DanATC
How can an airline the size of BA have such a terrible, terrible website...
outsourcing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.