Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGW long haul cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, Cineworld Unlimited
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, plus several delays elsewhere in the networks, and an aircraft out of the system (not sure why, repairs or refurbishment). Heathrow have lent one of their 777s to LGW, which doesn't happen often. Galley FM today from Gatwick says that JFK is going to be off the schedule for many more days yet.
Just received a text from BA my flight BA2273 on the 4th september is cancelled, what options do i have going from here?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by BA6501
Looks like it will cover:
BA2273/2272 LGW-JFK-LGW

29 August – 07 September 2019

(except 03/04 September)
Presumably wet leased aircraft wouldn't be hit by a strike?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by tuonopepper
Presumably wet leased aircraft wouldn't be hit by a strike?
Not a strike by BA pilots.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:28 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TMHimself

Just received a text from BA my flight BA2273 on the 4th september is cancelled, what options do i have going from here?
Essentially you have to select a Heathrow service instead. I would call up with a preference, you can switch to Newark if you wish (though if in World Traveller make sure you don't choose a 787 aircraft). Technically you can also go to PHL or BOS. Your best bet is a refurbished 747 if you like to pass the time on IFE, or a 777 if you want a bit more space. If you are travelling CW then you also have (and should try for) the LCY-SNN-JFK service. You can also get a refund, if you prefer that (but you then don't get the EC261 compensation and you can also switch the dates if you prefer, though again no compensation. You get compensation only if you have to leave more than 1 hour earlier than the LGW departure OR arrive more than 3 hours late, but given the service frequency BA can probably meet these timings. Which is, of course, why JFK was the cancelled service rather than somewhere with a lower frequency of services.
Fly2Where likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.