Community
Wiki Posts
Search

View and/or Change Your Seat

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:37 am
Original Poster

View and/or Change Your Seat

Some time back I booked 4 x LHR to HKG, 2 nights Kowloon Hotel and return flights from SIN through BA Holidays. We originally booked WT on the A380 and paid £63 a seat each to reserve the “pairs” in the upper deck rear cabin. At that time our booking online showed our reserved seats both both legs. Recently my brother upgraded our HKG flight to Club and it’s referring to our seats as 51 & 52 A & B. However, it doesn’t allow me to view and/or change our seats online (although I can still do this for the SIN return leg in WT). Does this seem right?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Newbury newbie
Some time back I booked 4 x LHR to HKG, 2 nights Kowloon Hotel and return flights from SIN through BA Holidays. We originally booked WT on the A380 and paid £63 a seat each to reserve the “pairs” in the upper deck rear cabin. At that time our booking online showed our reserved seats both both legs. Recently my brother upgraded our HKG flight to Club and it’s referring to our seats as 51 & 52 A & B. However, it doesn’t allow me to view and/or change our seats online (although I can still do this for the SIN return leg in WT). Does this seem right?
ticket may not have been reissued yet
Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic

ticket may not have been reissued yet
when I say my brother upgraded “recently” this would have been over 4 weeks ago?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

when I say my brother upgraded “recently” this would have been over 4 weeks ago?
Can your brother see the ticket number (beginning 125) on the details panel of the BA App? 4 weeks seems a lot, even for this manual process, but there again there has been quite a bit of disruption in BA's operations recently. The manual process is constantly prioritised by status then date of travel.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
For what it’s worth, 51/52 A/B are decent seats - arguably the best on the A380 if you’re not massively concerned about direct aisle access for one of the window seats and would prefer not to be too close the galley. So there isn’t any immediate need to actually change the seat selections in my view, although I understand that’s not the main point of your question...
Cymro and Newbury newbie like this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Originally Posted by Starship73
For what it’s worth, 51/52 A/B are decent seats - arguably the best on the A380 if you’re not massively concerned about direct aisle access for one of the window seats and would prefer not to be too close the galley. So there isn’t any immediate need to actually change the seat selections in my view, although I understand that’s not the main point of your question...
Take a cork for 52A as they may not have repaired the IFE screen as it kept swinging back. Still complain and get some avios back!
Newbury newbie likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Starship73
l’ve seen the actual seat positions on Seat Guru and appreciate that they’re good. But I have concerns that I don’t have the facility or capability to view and change on the BA Manage my Booking site. Although my booking shows the seat numbers as “confirmed” I’m suspicious until I have full control. Particularly as I’d paid £252 to reserve our now released WT seats!!
Starship73 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
l’ve seen the actual seat positions on Seat Guru and appreciate that they’re good. But I have concerns that I don’t have the facility or capability to view and change on the BA Manage my Booking site. Although my booking shows the seat numbers as “confirmed” I’m suspicious until I have full control.
Don't panic, don't fret, and don't overthink this: it's normal. If the seat numbers are confirmed, they're confirmed. Why would you mistrust this? There aren't any reports of this particular bit of ba.com going wrong.

For two additional checks:-
  1. [*]
Newbury newbie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.