Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What am I doing wrong..Help me ordering my advanced CW meal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Please help with getting our meal reserved. We are within our 30 meal selection time frame, but the reservation system is not showing me a meal selection to choose our meal. It just says the following:
  • You will be served complimentary food and drinks on-board. Unfortunately, ordering your meal in advance is not available for this flight.
  • Choose meal
  • Standard meal - order on board.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You can only pre order outbound from LHR/LGW - are you looking at inbound?

More details in Main Pre Order thread :

The main course pre-order choice thread
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Helps if you give the route as the option to select a meal isn’t available on all flights.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by thoward8111
Please help with getting our meal reserved. We are within our 30 meal selection time frame, but the reservation system is not showing me a meal selection to choose our meal.
Which route are you flying? Not all routes offer this.

And when is your flight? The feature sometimes doesn't actually come live exactly when it's supposed to. There is no rush, anyway. If you are supposed to be able to pre-order your main, there is no merit or advantage whether you do that 28 days before the flight or 2 days before the flight. There really is no reason to do this early. The food doesn't get any better if you pick it a long time ahead.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Sorry, sure. The flight is LHR to JFK on 9/15 on the 747. Also, outbound day flight.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thoward8111
The flight is LHR to JFK on 9/15 on the 747.
Why don't you leave it for a couple of weeks and see if it works then?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, IHG Priority Club Platinum, SPG, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Which route are you flying? Not all routes offer this.

And when is your flight? The feature sometimes doesn't actually come live exactly when it's supposed to. There is no rush, anyway. If you are supposed to be able to pre-order your main, there is no merit or advantage whether you do that 28 days before the flight or 2 days before the flight. There really is no reason to do this early. The food doesn't get any better if you pick it a long time ahead.
Although from past experience I think they start cooking the beef as soon as you order - might explain how tough it can be!
FEMW, ijkh, Gig103 and 15 others like this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Why don't you leave it for a couple of weeks and see if it works then?
First time on British and I just didn't know if I was looking in the wrong place to do this on the web or doing something incorrectly. I will keep checking.

We are cruising so this was just something I wanted to check off of our to do list as to not have think about it.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: BA GGL
It's not just you, thoward8111!

I have a LHR-JFK flight (in J) in the first week of September, which I haven't been able to/still can't see the menu for. I have no problems with other BA routes in September, so something funny (special?!) with JFK?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SleepySynapse
It's not just you, thoward8111!

I have a LHR-JFK flight (in J) in the first week of September, which I haven't been able to/still can't see the menu for. I have no problems with other BA routes in September, so something funny (special?!) with JFK?
Okay... thanks SleepySynapse, that is good to know.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Long Haul Bob Trial?
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Coincidentally I’ve just checked our pre-order options for LHR-IAD in a couple of weeks. Worked fine, once I got MMB to work!

Certainly sounds like a one-off temporary glitch for the OP. Incidentally, it will be Beef or Chicken!
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SleepySynapse
I haven't been following this closely, but is LHR-JFK still catered by a different company? If so, I wonder whether JFK is special because the caterer on this route hasn't yet finally sorted out September menus, or something like that.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I haven't been following this closely, but is LHR-JFK still catered by a different company? If so, I wonder whether JFK is special because the caterer on this route hasn't yet finally sorted out September menus, or something like that.
That might explain why the JFK route seems to get better food than the rest of us!
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Flying to DXB on the 19th September and nothing available for pre selection either, nor any menu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.