Wiki Posts
Search

Where to find the fare class in a booking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Where to find the fare class in a booking

Hi, I'm trying to find the fare class in a recent booking. I've gone to MMB and looked at my itinerary, my receipt etc and can't find it.
Where can I get that info?
Thanks
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:28 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
MMB, using the traditional format, click the flight line then click the More flight information hyperlink, and depending on your font size, you may need to scroll down a bit.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Of course, right there where it should be
Thank you
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:01 am

So I have the same problem finding the booking class. It is a flight on QR but code shared with BA and bought through BA's website. If I follow the instructions above there is no indication of the booking class and I can't find it anywhere else.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, KL Gold, LH FTL, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz PC
You can check it on Finnair webpage wit your BA PNR
Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:26 am

Thank you Thomas PL. Found it easily.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 3:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I booked 3 flights (2 bookings) yesterday directly on BA's website. These are the first BA tickets I've bought for over 3 years. MMB looks a bit different these days, but where are the fare classes?

I've even tried Finnair's and Jordanian's websites, but the fare classes are nowhere.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 3:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by headingwest
I booked 3 flights (2 bookings) yesterday directly on BA's website. These are the first BA tickets I've bought for over 3 years. MMB looks a bit different these days, but where are the fare classes?

I've even tried Finnair's and Jordanian's websites, but the fare classes are nowhere.
you may be looking at the new style MMB? If thats the case there should be an option to swap back to old style showing at the top of the page. Once you have done that then just select the flight and then more flight information, selling class should be shown towards the bottom of the pop up.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 3:20 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
you may be looking at the new style MMB? If thats the case there should be an option to swap back to old style showing at the top of the page. Once you have done that then just select the flight and then more flight information, selling class should be shown towards the bottom of the pop up.
Thanks KARFA, that did the trick. The older version looks much better too!
Old Aug 15, 2021, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Right, it says "GO BACK TO PREVIOUS DESIGN". Then you need to go to each individual flight click "More information" and scroll down. Why can't they just send a nice e-ticket receipt with each booking code indicated.
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Your booking class is usually the first letter of your Fare basis..

eg "VLMEIT6" is V class
or "IQUEENIE2" is I class
Old Nov 5, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to switch back to the old-style MMB anymore and we're stuck with the new 'massive whitespace' version - anyone know how to find the fare code after booking now? I can't see the fare basis mentioned anywhere there or in the eticket receipt.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 3:27 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I can still see the Go back to previous design link at the top of the page.
EDIflyer and wanderingjock like this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Ah, thanks KARFA - had clicked on the MMB blue bar at the bottom of the booking (a sort of MMB within MMB!) and hadn't realised that hidden the top bar. Have now managed to confirm the fare class on the far superior old MMB, thanks - am trying to add my AA number to stop some AA miles from expiring but wanted to check it was an eligible fare class first! Also finally worked out how to add my AA number - had to use Finnair site to remove existing BA one then MMB without being logged in to add it! Previously selected seat seems to have been remembered for now too.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
It seems the old hack is not working any more... Any ideas how to check LATAM fare class?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.