Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-Durban, SA £1052 J

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Thanks again OP.
Booked with car hire 14 Nov to 19 Nov for £2155. Very happy.
Steve_ZA, T8191 and roarss like this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GCH
Top tip - lets not forget for £10 each, you can hold the fare for 72 hours while you plead forgiveness from better halves
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Thanks roarss and well done!
Interestingly, I could only get it to work when booking 2 tickets. (Edit: I now see that was the point; one doesn't have a lot of reading time in these situations....!)

On a completely unrelated matter, anyone got any ideas what to do for 4 days in Durban at the beginning of December...?
Old Aug 1, 2019, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by crazy8534
On a completely unrelated matter, anyone got any ideas what to do for 4 days in Durban at the beginning of December...?
You may wish to take a look at the “new route” thread by @corporate-wage-slave - from memory, I have a feeling people mentioned various restaurants and things to do in and around Durban.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
Cant see it. I'm I too late ?? fare coming in at 8K euro
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:24 pm

Seems like the sale has ended, lowest base fare 3423 vs 456
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
I managed to get this for £956 each through OTA yesterday - very pleased to get around £100 off the BA.com price and it's all gone through and ticketed, seats booked!

These fares are cheaper than W cabin - I wonder how well this route is doing and the longevity of it ...
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:54 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Thanks to the OP! Booked for first week in December immediately after supper last night after I gained approval from the E-i-C. Burnt some Avios to reduce the cost and used PayPal credit for 4 months interest free payment terms.

The CWS-started guide (New BA Routes 2018: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal (DUR)) has some useful intel on the surrounding area so thanks, as always, to him and other contributors.

Having missed used out on the LatAm GIG Offer a few weeks ago am pleased to have got this one in the bag.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Having just returned from Durban and knowing the area reasonably well there is lots you all could do . There are many superb national parks within an easy drive , St Lucia, Tembe, Ndumu, Mkuze , Umfolozi etc. Also the Drakensburg and battlefields . Also some lovely coastal towns such as salt rock where we saw whale sharks . You won’t be short of things to do .
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by simonsmith
Having just returned from Durban and knowing the area reasonably well there is lots you all could do . There are many superb national parks within an easy drive , St Lucia, Tembe, Ndumu, Mkuze , Umfolozi etc. Also the Drakensburg and battlefields . Also some lovely coastal towns such as salt rock where we saw whale sharks . You won’t be short of things to do .
plus a little spin into Lesotho if your passport needs some filling up 😉
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold , Hilton Diamond
Just gone to book and I cannot seem to obtain the price quoted for any of the relevant dates. Any idea if deal pulled?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by GiddyKipper638
Just gone to book and I cannot seem to obtain the price quoted for any of the relevant dates. Any idea if deal pulled?
It was book by last night. Too late.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold , Hilton Diamond
Marvellous - didn't see that but thanks for clarifying!
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by GiddyKipper638
Marvellous - didn't see that but thanks for clarifying!
Post 18
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Congratulations to the quick-fingered 6 (?) who have dived in!

Brings back happy memories of a couple of trips (our first HNL and CPT) where the FT community enabled us to make a giant leap for T-kind!
SavvyTravel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.