Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

High Life August - BA100 Collector’s Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High Life August - BA100 Collector’s Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
I love this BA 100 marketing! Let's see what I can grab tomorrow
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I saw one onboard yesterday and the same version today on my current flight - so I am not sure how many versions are “out in the wild”, based on my small survey sample. Both were the 707 with female FA stood in front version.

By popular request (Even smaller sample size) I have changed the rules today for The Travel Game. We will now use the Business Life Magazine for the graffiti. It will double our chances of a sighting!
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
Saw at least seven of them on A319s today.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I saw two different editions yesterday that were already quite trashed so I didn't take either but I saw this fresh one this morning (first flight of the day):

Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
This one on the BA1491 this morning - I have 4 flights over the next 24 hours so I will see what I can find! This is fun 😃

Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: QF WP
If anyone really wants an unusual one, comair have a BA100 high life South Africa I can acquire on @corporate-wage-slave’s terms
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants

Flight 2 - taking this one - CWS you were wrong - it is not always about Concorde! Aks120
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:50 am

7 down, 4 to go ☺️
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:49 am

No magazines on the return flight!

aks120
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:39 am

On the BA1474 to GLA this morning

Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I am on the same plane twice today in two different seats, but have spotted three different varieties in board so far, so they must have mixed batches.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by antichef
I am on the same plane twice today in two different seats, but have spotted three different varieties in board so far, so they must have mixed batches.
What I think has happened is that originally they would have been loaded with one or two versions on or just before 1 August. However as people have taken their own copies, the replacements are in whatever batch they have available at the start of the cabin refresh process. So by now the cabins are indeed somewhat mixed up.
===

I have fulfilled the PMs above, and I have 2 spare longhaul blue copies, purloined from the A350. They both show HM the Queen with the Archbishop of Malta, the Most Reverend Sir Michael Count Gonzi, when she visited MLA in 1967 on a BEA Trident. Same conditions as in post 8.
cunardqueen and george77300 like this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
I saw two different editions yesterday that were already quite trashed so I didn't take either but I saw this fresh one this morning (first flight of the day):

I got a pristine copy of this yesterday :-) OH wanted to bin it :-( I overruled that decision!
origin likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Note that in addition to the cover differences, there are 3 London based versions relating to IFE (green, blue, yellow) and it may be difficult for me to get a particular cover if it's not available in all 3 versions.
Sorry for the possibly obvious question but I have picked up 6 different so far. 2 "Green" on an A321neo and 4 "Blue" on the A350. All in various states from spotless to a rather beat up Concorde one.

I take it "Green" are the shorthaul and "Blue" are the long haul? But whats the third "Yellow" type? I'm probably not thinking this through so am a bit confused.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by george77300
I take it "Green" are the shorthaul and "Blue" are the long haul? But whats the third "Yellow" type? I'm probably not thinking this through so am a bit confused.
Yellow is midhaul I believe, it all hinges on the IFE options, that's the main difference between them. Iberia has a similar system.
george77300 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.