Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

29 July 19: BA112 [JFK-LHR] incident in F cabin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
At least 3 FlyerTalkers were onboard and have posted eyewitness reports. Excerpts and direct links follow

All reports implicate a musical artist/rapper named Busta Rhymes.

Originally Posted by 87CTA
  • Artist boards and his handler begins packing away his bags in the overheads. To note … the artist brought 4 carryon bags … which meant regardless of the situation that he would have struggled to easily find space (especially as the cabin was full). It was apparent that the handler was having trouble finding space and the artist began getting irate … asking “whose stuff is this” … my wife replied, “mine” … artist responds “move your stuff”.
  • I could tell immediately that this would only end in an argument so I suggested to my wife that she just move her bags to avoid confrontation … my wife quite rightfully responded “why should I, we are supposed to share this bin” … this is when the artist flew off the handle: “move your stuff, now” … he was towering over my wife’s seat and she was terrified … I stood up and asked him to “not be so rude to my wife” and to “leave it” to which he responded with “then let’s go, homeboy … essentially offering me to fight him!!!!
Originally Posted by 81romeo
A woman started to cry and the situation escalated very quickly. I then jumped in as I can't tolerate any case of abusive behaviour. He threatened me personally because I jumped in. The CSD got involved. The Captain decided to not offload him (don't ask me why because we really don't know, we were all shocked at his judgment call). Instead, the crew asked if any of us would feel safer by taking the next flight.
Originally Posted by Realitycheck
The cabin staff did an excellent job at controlling the situation. Albeit they admitted being fearful as we all were. BR was traveling with his handler and 6 members of his entourage.
Print Wikipost

29 July 19: BA112 [JFK-LHR] incident in F cabin

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
Wink

Originally Posted by Cymro
There is something on Twitter now folks. (NB it would suggest that some of the information above is inaccurate).

Think about where you might go to epxlore the Champagne region, and the kind of transport you would take to get there.
British Rail?
kimberlyrose likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anyuser
British Rail?
Sorry, I'm not being any less subtle.
lavar56 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Where's Matthew Wright when you need him !?
SurreyTig likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by cymro
think about where you might go to epxlore the champagne region, and the kind of transport you would take to get there.
👏👏👏
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
There is something on Twitter now folks. (NB it would suggest that some of the information above is inaccurate).

Think about where you might go to explore the Champagne region, and the kind of transport you would take to get there.
Very good
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold

Think about where you might go to explore the Champagne region, and the kind of transport you would take to get there.
Bus to Reims?

Spike

add They call me Trigger
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I have absolutely no idea who on earth you are all talking about or hinting at...
LCY8737, flygirl68, wrp96 and 5 others like this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Funky Spike
Bus to Reims?

Spike

add They call me Trigger
Reims (rance) train?

Troyes TGV?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
Sorry, I'm not being any less subtle.
Initially I thought I was on the right track.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Funky Spike
Bus to Reims?

Spike

add They call me Trigger
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton

I didn't know there was a rapper called Qashqai!

On a serious note, from the versions of events described, it seems strange that he was not offloaded before take off. The offer to others of alternative flights if they felt unsafe certainly suggests that crew knew there was potential for trouble.

Maybe the captain and crew did indeed KWHW.
BearX220 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by anyuser
Initially I thought I was on the right track.
Ah.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer

so nice to have a bit of good natured wit on here every now and then. Makes all the snide, catty comments and enthusiastic protestations of disinterest worth wading through.
I hope I didn't come across as snide - that seems a bit harsh (!) - but it was intended to elicit further info which was duly forthcoming... I have to say I am very happy that I wasn't on that flight. I have travelled a few times in the same cabin as international celebs and they've generally been the quietest, best-behaved fellow passengers you could wish for.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
I didn't know there was a rapper called Qashqai!
Apparently there is, although there is no reason to libel him by suggesting he's been anywhere near BA First Class.

Unfortunate name but maybe Rogue Sport was taken.
The_Bouncer and strickerj like this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I have absolutely no idea who on earth you are all talking about or hinting at...
I really don't understand the "I know but I ain't tellin' you" attitude.
SK, kimberlyrose, wrp96 and 8 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.