Wiki Posts
Search

Some flight cancellations out of LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Some flight cancellations out of LHR

Just been notified that my flight to Stockholm this evening has been cancelled.
This means my return flight tomorrow morning is also cancelled (which continues on to the States)
Just on the line to BA now - to see if they can let me start the trip from London.

Last edited by all ahead full; Jul 26, 2019 at 7:51 am
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:50 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by all ahead full
Just been notified that my flight to Stockholm this evening has been cancelled.
This means my return flight tomorrow morning is also cancelled (which continues on to the States)
Just on the line to BA now - to see if they can let me start the trip from London.
Had this happen to me once with last flight to Dublin cancelled (just as o was checking in) and my TP Run was due to start in morning from DUB-LHR-MAN-PHL-LAX-HNL. Check in agent allowed me to start flight in LHR and gave me a hotel.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Looks like I can start from LHR (just getting the ticket sorted now)

Worth noting that on the BA page there are some other cancelations after last nights weather.
becks1 and TTmex like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Some?! There's towards 200 cancellations and a smorgasbord of reasons why !
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:54 am

Worth noting that on the BA page there are some other cancelations after last nights weather.
Significant weather-related disruption to BA services, Thu evening 26 Jul
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Some?! There's towards 200 cancellations and a smorgasbord of reasons why !
Sorry - I was just panicing, as about to leave for Heathrow, and got on the phone right away.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Sorry - I was just panicing, at about to leave for Heathrow, and got on the phone right away.
Note to self, in case of emergency: Must immediately post on FlyerTalk because it couldn't possibly have happened to anyone else yet in the last 36 hours despite extraordinary weather, thunderstorms and front page news.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Hey all whist we are on this track I just wanted to check if anyone knows why all flights to BCN tomorrow are cancelled from 12:00 onwards. Surely can't be the weather right? I am on a trip next week on the same day and am hoping this doesn't happen?

Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Rbdcay
Hey all whist we are on this track I just wanted to check if anyone knows why all flights to BCN tomorrow are cancelled from 12:00 onwards. Surely can't be the weather right?
INDN

Which I think we have established is industrial action, no compensation: BA2688 LGW-GOA Cancelled 26th July.......Why + Options?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Globaliser
INDN

Which I think we have established is industrial action, no compensation: BA2688 LGW-GOA Cancelled 26th July.......Why + Options?
Phew...thanks for that I hadn't heard about that. Good to know.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
INDN

there is both a strike in Italy and a strike at BCN today.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Note to self, in case of emergency: Must immediately post on FlyerTalk because it couldn't possibly have happened to anyone else yet in the last 36 hours despite extraordinary weather, thunderstorms and front page news.
Apologies, but after the threatening strikes, and last nights weather, it was the final straw to see my flight cancelled at the 11th hour.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Our re-booked flight to Rome (FCO) BA544 was cancelled 3.5 hours before departure today, that's after BA yesterday cancelled our earlier booking from LCY also scheduled for today at 06.50 due to Industrial action, the lady on the gold line said today's flight cancellation was weather related. Now on tomorrows BA544 as that was the next one available. Thankfully we had just set out for the airport so no hassle about trying to get a hotel tonight at LHR just another night at home.
Can't imagine its much fun at LHR today for those who are stuck there.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Weather related my backside

And once again the abuse of the LHR GLA monopoly leads to all but one of Friday nights flights being cancelled and no alternative being offered till Saturday night!

I really should have known better than go near BA again but hey ho. To blame the weather is simply ridiculous. Their lack of effective operational control, low morale and complete indifference to the customer is the real reason for the chaos.

The system for accepting alternative flights on BA.com doesn't work and the call centre only read from script. I might as well have spoken to a BOT....and might actually have done.

Pre booked car hire, hotels and experiences all lost but there is no proactive assistance, you have to contact customer relations. Given my previous experience, I don't hold out much hope of a resolution before November.

BA truly a Bloody Awful airline

Edited to add that storms in Europe are being blamed yet a quick look at the departure boards of CDG, BRU, AMS, DUS and FRA show near normal operations. What cancellations there are are BA rotations..So just where was this cataclysmic weather event that has brought BAs operations ate LHR to a standstill but had no impact elsewhere.
cauchy likes this.

Last edited by binman; Jul 26, 2019 at 9:52 am Reason: additional information
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

@binman, I realise you may have been too busy to catch up with today’s travel news. There are multiple disruptions affecting UK flights today: operational recoveries following last night’s storms plus NATS issues at Swanwick earlier today. EasyJet cancelled two thirds of its LGW-GLA ops today.

I hope you (and others) get on your way soon
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.