Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Partial refund for an A->B->C->A trip where A->B cancelled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Partial refund for an A->B->C->A trip where A->B cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
And for those who want separate tickets and protection for journeys involving the US, bear in mind that AA -- unlike almost any other carrier -- protects across separate OW tickets. A worthwhile quirk which creates the functional equivalent of a <24-hour stopover.

Also, note that for domestic US segments, the break point is a convenient 4-hours (generally).
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by abligh
Thanks all. You learn something new every day.

I shall now avoid booking ZRH->LHR->JFK, (< 24 hour stop), JFK->MAD (<24 hour stop), MAD->ZRH. Apart from being exhausting, it seems I might get to LHR, find there are no flights to JFK for a while, and find myself rerouted straight to MAD with no other options or compensation!
indeed if you want to formalise your right to those stops, make them >24hrs when you book. Just be aware, however, that this will make your ticket prices jump up, probably quite significantly so.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't think the 24 hours is an absolutely hard and fast rule in that if you're trying to book an "illegal" routing, it would be forced to break the fare rather than use a through fare, although some systems might just refuse to issue such a ticket. Also, my understanding is that a good agent (or real live human competent TA) should be able to force the issue by selling three separate one way tickets combined onto the same PNR, but of course this is likely to be expensive.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Often1
And for those who want separate tickets and protection for journeys involving the US, bear in mind that AA -- unlike almost any other carrier -- protects across separate OW tickets. A worthwhile quirk which creates the functional equivalent of a <24-hour stopover.

Also, note that for domestic US segments, the break point is a convenient 4-hours (generally).
is this still the case. This was my understanding however the policy was removed in October 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.