Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Boarding passes for AA connections and TSA pre-check

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold

I'm currently sitting in the CCR feeling rather vexed. I'm flying to IAH and have a connection early the next morning, after a night in a hotel. My TSA Pre status appears just fine on my BA boarding pass to get me to Houston. But on the AA boarding pass to fly onwards, it is missing. So I have it where it makes zero difference, and I don't have it for when I will have to go through IAH in the morning rush. Both at check in and in the CCR, the BA staff I spoke to were beyond clueless about this. Is this just a one-off, or is this an ongoing issue? I'm hoping that when I get within 24 hours of the flight, I can use the AA app, and all will be well - but I'm very unimpressed with BA about this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Sometimes the AA team need to input your TSA Pre Number, or your GE number, and it seems to pick it up just fine. It happens from time to time in both directions.
Markie likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If the bps for the AA domestic flights are printed by BA at LHR I have a feeling they don't say TSAPre even if you have it and your KTN is in the AA booking. Options are either use the AA app and get mobile bps (usually works for me) or get them printed again by an AA agent when you land at IAH.

The only other comment is check that your KTN is in your AA booking. I know you can put it in to BA MMB but you need to also go to AA MMB on aa.com using the AA PNR and add it in there.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I've never gotten PreCheck on my BPs printed from other airlines. Just reprint them at IAH or get it off the mobile application.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
This is not just a BA issue. Other aliens can't / don't print Pre on domestic US flights even if they can issue the BP.

IIRC my last AA flights with a TATL and then a domestic they weren't able to print Pre on the domestic leg at LHR either

Just go to an AA desk or self service machine at IAH and reprint them

Not worth getting vexed over. It's just one of those things.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
AA and BA can't issue each other's PreCheck, since it's down to a DHS data feed to the specific airline.

Just use the AA app or get your boarding pass reprinted by AA.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: AA : BA
If you are in T3 on a BA ticket, you can go to the AA lounge and they can print the connecting BP with pre-check. (Not much use if you are in T5 I know!)
Markie likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Same old, same old. Get the domestic BP reprinted, or use the AA app.

Friday’s SFO-LHR return had TSA-pre on my electronic BP but not printed. C’est la vie!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
when traveling on BA to the USA, I always just reprint the boarding pass upon arrival.
Its nothing to get worried about. It takes less then a minute
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: UA
This is not just a BA/AA issue — had the problem with UA/LH and this was to leave the US — my UA issued LH boarding pass did not have PreCheck and I was connecting at Logan which has no secure airside transit between these two terminals. Had to get it reprinted at the airport by LH check in and only then did Pre Check appear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.